• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

10 MPG with good AFRs?

I check mine over full tank in the 245, it’s funny that it drops so much over the first half, but judging mileage should be over a large data set for stop and go. Get megasquirt on it and you can set fuel calcs based of injection events and view it in more real time.

I run out of gas all the time.

Put in one gal get it running, I maybe can go 5-8 miles

Put in two gal on a no start empty tank, can go maybe 10-15 if that...

Now thats 8-12MPG guestimations the homeless turbobricks way :)

I since have solved some problems- such as Orange T5 injectors having resistor pack (Not needed) and now the engine runs way smoother. Replaced at the same time the coolant temp sensor with used free-fitty JY one, and right after I did the knock sensor (before I reset ECU anyways) seemed to run the same as before prior to ECU reset FYI

Note my FYI- the engine acted the same, sounded same like pig rich PRIOR to ECU reset. So whatever it was the ECU was keeping the same "tuning"

I have a bad timing belt tensioner (no tension on belt almost not sure how stays on) so my timing is probably few deg off which may explain the last running issues but I have been chasing 10MPG~ for almost a year now.

Update:

Refilled the tank and reset the trip odo so we shall see.

Discovered the throttle plate could not turn freely due to an oring placed around the throttle plate shaft on the tps side. Added a washer to space on each side so it?s no longer pushing on the o-ring and binding. Idle problems have ceased and gas mileage seems to have improved greatly (made the fix after using some fuel so this mpg calculation will be skewed towards poor mileage). Needle seems to be moving a lot less now after the fix.

Back