• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 1992 940 N/A High Idle

ALBASH

good morning guys i have a 940 that idles perfectly at 600 RPM but after hard driving and when i put the car on neutral it will idle around 1200 or 1400 then if i turn the car of and on it will idle normal at 600 plus i have fuel efficiency problem 220Km/50L :-(
i replaced MAF and fuel injectors and fuel pump and filter cleaned throttle body and idle air control valve no luck so far and my mechanic i gave up on him he couldn't fix those problems and now with your help i want to try to fix it my self
sorry for the long post

.صباح الخير لك

Follow this procedure (1. Diagnostic Test Mode 1: Fault Code Retrieval)

https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/EngineOBDCodes.html#FuelInjectionandIgnitionDiagnosticCodesi

The "box" looks like that :
DiagnosticUnit.gif

And it's here:
diag_module_240w.JPG

good morning guys i have a 940 that idles perfectly at 600 RPM but after hard driving and when i put the car on neutral it will idle around 1200 or 1400 then if i turn the car of and on it will idle normal at 600 plus i have fuel efficiency problem 220Km/50L :-(
i replaced MAF and fuel injectors and fuel pump and filter cleaned throttle body and idle air control valve no luck so far and my mechanic i gave up on him he couldn't fix those problems and now with your help i want to try to fix it my self
sorry for the long post

Have you checked carefully for vacuum leaks ?

When you say you replaced the IACV, do you mean with new OE ? Good used OE ?

the problem i think with electronics something sending wrong signal i tried almost every thing but there is one thing ecu number and Ignition Control Module/Transistor if they dont match or something i need a solution out of the box and all your help appreciated thank you

Back