• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Motorcycle carbs on a B21

^this

But at least it started, idles nicely considering it has four individual carbs. :cool:

Also, have you considered going mechanical fuel pump? Just like on my B21A? Or these K-Jet cars don't have a machined cam on the aux shaft? Fuel supply would be pretty easy then, reliable and oem.

Idling on gravity feed, started up no choke, no starting fluid first time. I have to work on my fuel system, for some reason I'm not getting fuel anymore even though my pump is on.

Nice work!

So..... what was up with the ignition / dist timing? Gonna leave us with no explanation after pages of back & forth over that ?? :-D

^this

But at least it started, idles nicely considering it has four individual carbs. :cool:

Also, have you considered going mechanical fuel pump? Just like on my B21A? Or these K-Jet cars don't have a machined cam on the aux shaft? Fuel supply would be pretty easy then, reliable and oem.

I should have done that to start with. It was like $115 for a new one, and I'm pretty sure this thing does have a cam on the aux shaft for the mechanical pump.

Nice work!

So..... what was up with the ignition / dist timing? Gonna leave us with no explanation after pages of back & forth over that ?? :-D

There is no explanation, I bought an adjustable timing light but I haven't touched it since the last video (which is, think, one tooth down from factory setting). Everyone keeps telling me different things about the proper aux shaft location. Now that the car will idle on its own, I'm going to reset the timing to factory greenbook specs (44 teeth down from the cam TDC mark, or the white line on the timing belt) and go from there with my timing light.

There is no explanation, I bought an adjustable timing light but I haven't touched it since the last video (which is, think, one tooth down from factory setting). Everyone keeps telling me different things about the proper aux shaft location. Now that the car will idle on its own, I'm going to reset the timing to factory greenbook specs (44 teeth down from the cam TDC mark, or the white line on the timing belt) and go from there with my timing light.

After you get the aux shaft set, pull your distributor out and set that too.
As far as I can tell from our back and forth, your distributor is in a tooth off.
Good to see it running! :cheers:

^this

It's there on the shaft but it's not machined.

I just a fuel line near the tank, after the pump, and plugged my finger in the line and it started sucking fuel from the tank. So now I have 3 psi of fuel to the regulator and carbs but also now have a leak from old rubber lines back down near the gas tank from the tank to the pump so I need to get some new rubber line.

Also reset the dizzy and int shaft. Waiting on new jets to get here, and will fix that leak in the meantime.
http://youtu.be/LJiXGH2XQ8w

Getting close! :nod:
She's a little lean but stone cold also.
Get those leaks worked out and let her warm up.
Should be driving soon....right? :drama:

Something else to think about is getting a 4 port mercury stick or Vacuum gauge set so you can balance the carbs. This will improve the idle and the throttle tip in will be nice and smooth once you have things jetted right.

There should be a vacuum port you can plug each line into the then a screw with a lock nut to adjust the vacuum seen at idle. See if you can find the procedure for whatever bike the carbs came off of.

Something else to think about is getting a 4 port mercury stick or Vacuum gauge set so you can balance the carbs. This will improve the idle and the throttle tip in will be nice and smooth once you have things jetted right.

There should be a vacuum port you can plug each line into the then a screw with a lock nut to adjust the vacuum seen at idle. See if you can find the procedure for whatever bike the carbs came off of.

We only care about WOT! :cameron:

I made one out of a piece of scrap plywood and a ton of clear vinyl tubing some t's and red atf... looked kinda like this
maxresdefault.jpg

Was idling it for a little bit today since I'm now able to drive it out of the garage and... Oil leak. Typical Volvo, I think it's coming from the cam seal or valve cover gasket. It's a pretty significant leak that prevents me from running it anymore until I get it fixed. No surprise, I don't think this car has run since the 80s from when I bought it. The tires on this thing are from the 80s, no joke.

New jets in, man I need to invest in a wideband... Maybe once I get my new exhaust all sorted out I will weld in a bung for it.
qTj7qMll.jpg

brap brap, revs pretty good. Any suggestions on fine tuning the timing? Right now I'm just running 15* like what is stock for a k-jet b21.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zQFZkna14zg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, when I fix one leak, another comes up lol. I need a spare engine on a stand to reseal or this fixing leaks thing is going to get old fast and I haven't even driven it.

Back