• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Ben K 740 coilovers

sleepySOHC

finally got my new brake parts in so im dusting off the coilovers but confused on how these camber plates sit, any help? everything look right or not?

symbol pointing towards outside fender (driver side)

It all depends what alignment you want.

I prefer to have more caster then that I would push the top of the strut as far back towards the firewall as you can go. Then push it in some towards the engine bay for some camber action.

max caster with a little neg camber...

700camberplates-installed.jpg

alright i wasnt sure if i had the camber plate on facing the correct direction. ill just do it as yours is pictured w/ the emblem towards the front bolt. thanks!

ahhh yeah i looked into those but i didnt like that i had to ship my struts to him it would end up costing me to much so i called tein suspention
and they would make a custom set for me for about the same price as a regular set they said the price starts at $1000 and goes tops out at $11,000 for a full race car

http://www.tein.com/index.html

ahhh yeah i looked into those but i didnt like that i had to ship my struts to him it would end up costing me to much so i called tein suspention
and they would make a custom set for me for about the same price as a regular set they said the price starts at $1000 and goes tops out at $11,000 for a full race car

You can just buy a set of cores as well then you don't have to ship anything.

And if you use Kaplhenke, you are getting stuff designed for your car. Let's face it, if you go the tein route, you are going to use the cheaper option and they are going to put some off the shelf parts together that "works". Ben has the car on hand, he has tested these parts out on in harsh conditions and changed them until they were perfect. Just a thought..

And if you use Kaplhenke, you are getting stuff designed for your car. Let's face it, if you go the tein route, you are going to use the cheaper option and they are going to put some off the shelf parts together that "works". Ben has the car on hand, he has tested these parts out on in harsh conditions and changed them until they were perfect. Just a thought..

There's also the fact that Tein is cheap junk, but y'know, rice cred goes a long way nowadays.

exactly, people always take the cheap route..

There's also the fact that Tein is cheap junk, but y'know, rice cred goes a long way nowadays.

cant agree fully with this, honda world they are pretty damn nice

And blkaplan is a fellow tbricker that just replied in your thread. How cool it that.

and hes answered when i call his shop :p

blkaplan i do like what you do i do wish i could have simpler choices on your site and DarkKratoz tien does not make cheap junk they have been in racing for a very long time even before it was cool to own a honda from fast and furious i have some on my mazda 6 and i love how they feel and they are not exactly going the cheaper route from blkaplan every thing would have to be shipped to me in cali with tien they are a few miles away and btw they always answer there phones to lol

blkaplan i do like what you do i do wish i could have simpler choices on your site and DarkKratoz tien does not make cheap junk they have been in racing for a very long time even before it was cool to own a honda from fast and furious i have some on my mazda 6 and i love how they feel and they are not exactly going the cheaper route from blkaplan every thing would have to be shipped to me in cali with tien they are a few miles away and btw they always answer there phones to lol

If you get confused with all the options just call or ask. It would be nice to simplify it but in the land of DIY projects and parts everyone wants a different variation or offering so I try to list them all so people don't have to hunt for info.

The upper end Tien stuff is decent but I'm guessing you're not gonna spend 8-10k for a set of coilovers.

Back