• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what is the life of your headlights?

own6volvos

He who controls the Spice
I just wanted to start a poll of how long the headlights have been working on your brick, and how much you use them, daytime running lights, etc..

Kevin

I have regular cheapo 7" round sealbeamed lights. I use them anytime I'm in the car. They last probably a year and a half. Well, Lets put it this way. I put new ones in when I bougth the car (july 2001) and then the first one burnt out september 2002. Just just over a year. I put 30K on the car in that time.

Jordan

I use the GE 9004 halogen bulbs (stock replacements) in my 88 240 wagon. If I replace them in pairs I usually get 2 years out of them, the lights are on all the time while I'm driving.

Forgot to mention, this is the last time I'll have the seal beams. After driving my dads 122 with H4's, I had to have a set. I found some for 20 bucks.

I can't wait to get them in and do some night driving

Jordan

Bought my car 8/99. Use the headlights when it starts getting dark, or when it's raining/snowing. Currently still using the same bulbs that the car came with, 34K+ miles later. The low output of the '86+ 240 lights must be keeping my bulbs in like-new condition. :roll:

hmmm... I wonder why the bulbs in our 2001 v70 keep burning out... think it might be a loose or dirty connection, making the thing pull more amps, and blowing the bulb sooner?

Kevin

Back