• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Yoshifab Catch Can Hose Routing, 245 w/B230FT

brendon_ak

Yo!

Finally got the car on jack stands to chase down the phantom oil leak, motivation thanks to Mr.Brown.

I've wiped down all oil related stuff and want to check my hose routing of the Yoshifab catch can I installed when I put the motor in.

Here's some pics of the setup:

BgCMSizl.jpg

porI7Mxl.jpg

n6V1K5ml.jpg

I've labeled the fittings and where the go on the motor:
AqihXjpl.jpg

1) goes from top of can to intake hose fitting in front of turbo
2) goes from side of can to oil cap
3) goes to the forward fitting on the crank piece
4) goes to the aft fitting on the crank plate piece, right behind #3

42695649161_53e6b03e3d_b.jpg

On my 940 I made a little bracket that attaches to the stud on the brake booster (shoutout to Sbabbs for the idea). It gives it a fairly vertical and short path to drain. I also added a stainless steel potscrubber to the can in hopes of increasing oil condensation. There's basically no baffling in the Yoshifab can.

I made a similar bracket for my 240.

KZlzoe3l.jpg

The return didn't have much vertical drop, but still drained fine. The can never had any oil accumulation.

Before I made this bracket, I had the can up front right by the stock oil cooler location. It did not drain when it was there.

Okay, sounds like it might be too low. I'll have a chance to have another crack at it tonight and tomorrow to open it up.

Looks like my hose routing is fine though?

I'm having huge oil leak problems and suspect I did something wrong with the catch can to cause it. Currently cleaning everything so I can fire the car up and see where it's coming from. My current thinking is I don't want to be causing an oil pressure issue if I'm not letting the engine breath properly with an incorrect catch can routing or placement.

We'll like stated the bottom drain port needs to be higher then the drain location on the block. If you have a vacuum leak it can cause oil to blow out places. I found that out with my yoshifab install and then where is all this oil coming from a year later, I opened up the thing, nothing in that, then I noticed the big little vacuum line right at the throttle body had come off, put that back on and the oil blow out stopped. Basically with that vacuum leak the catch can wasn't pulling nothing. I have mine routed like SquareD. Here's a pic.

https://yoshifab.com/store/redblock-delux-crank-case-breather-kit.html

This is all great info, I have a spot on the intake I suspect may be leaking and needing plugged. Got a 3 pack of filters, need to do the oil as it's filled with gas then try and find the leak after relocating the can.

Back