• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Does it feel laggy? Was he full throttle from ~2k rpm?

I was looking to compare it to Ian's because I've driven his car, not because I'm interested in the 8v vs 16v vs 20v vs redblock vs whiteblock debate.

Didn't feel laggy riding in it Sunday. Like me and JohnMc said, it pulled hellasmooth.

Does it feel laggy? Was he full throttle from ~2k rpm?

I was looking to compare it to Ian's because I've driven his car, not because I'm interested in the 8v vs 16v vs 20v vs redblock vs whiteblock debate.
I missed that.
Yes, looked at the logs and it was full throttle.
It does have some lag obviously but it doesn't feel obnoxiously laggy.
It's not like my DD that makes peak torque right off idle.:-P

Didn't feel laggy riding in it Sunday. Like me and JohnMc said, it pulled hellasmooth.

It felt like that dyno torque graph looks. Very smooth and steady buildup of power.

The last iteration of my 16V motor was:
nothing:nothing:nothing:nothing:maybe a little something:OH CRIKEY IT SPOOLED:grab the next gear.

Stock cams and divided scroll and an easier to spin turbo and a far better exhaust manifold should make it a lot better this time around.

Love your car man, in my opinion they need to make this the homepage cover car, this is by far the cleanest, and well done swap I've ever seen in a 240 and it's one of the cleanest functional swaps I've seen period, kudos man! Your hard effort and work is truly amazing

Outstanding job man! Drive it like it is until it gets boring (right now, I know that's hard to believe), but soon you'll start to grow accustomed to the hurt, confused, and violated expressions on the faces of Porsche drivers in your rear-view mirror, then you'll start saying things like, "Hey, that Z06 only has 500 odd at the crank....I can do better than that with a few more pounds more boost..."

That is weird about your 5th being .81, I was under the misconception that the whiteblock M90's ran the H2 ratios, and so it was the .7 5th...learn something new every day.

regarding the numbers you have to remove your 300+ tag then :-P

Read the rules, PAL. ;-)
You will need an engine dyno reading (doubt anyone will have this) or a chassis dyno (rolling dyno for your Europeans). We have come up with a generous number to accomedate sloppy transmissions, so a given 15% loss for Automatics or 12% for manuals. This would essentially give you a reading of 255rwhp for autos and 264rwhp for manuals

A half day of detailing. Ready to go to portland. Just gotta load it up on the trailer.
393167_10101337425959619_1330516519_n.jpg

Back