• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rob Prince's 242 Resurrection

Rob (along with 90% of the field) spun on the transition from the banked straight into the infield. The back end slid off track and then back on, catching the lip of the pavement and pwning the lip. It's nice to have spares!

242GTMD said:
Rob (along with 90% of the field) spun on the transition from the banked straight into the infield.

That's about the time when most sanctioning bodies decide that venue won't be used anymore.

Oh well...

BDKR said:
That's about the time when most sanctioning bodies decide that venue won't be used anymore.

Oh well...
Yeah, it kinda sucks.

This was the third event in three years at ODS. It was also the third course lay-out in an effort to reduce the problem of the transition. Its just too severe to do at speed. I have Rob's spin on video, but I have no editing software to chop down the file.

242GTMD said:
Yeah, it kinda sucks.

This was the third event in three years at ODS. It was also the third course lay-out in an effort to reduce the problem of the transition. Its just too severe to do at speed. I have Rob's spin on video, but I have no editing software to chop down the file.
They did two events last year, 6/5 and 9/10 (fife's batmobile lost a wheel at this one).

Your camera won't allow you to edit the vid? Mine will. What format is it?

Rob, what shocks are you using with the shortened strut tube for you coilovers? How much was your strut tube shortened and did you just weld on the old threaded top section onto the shortened strut tube?

They're Koni Double Adjustable shocks. I bought the whole setup without springs from Tom Smith. Didn't do anything on my own but put them on the car :)

And I already ordered a lip for the wheel, should be good to go soon!

Re: Flex joint

My guess is the wastegate would have broken off regardless. Slip fits usually work fine, its done on turbo collectors all the time and those are much more highly stressed than that joint

That car, and Rob are a couple of bad mother f*ckers! Thanks again Rob for letting me take a ride. I'm still cleaning the sh*t out of my shorts.
-MikeJr.

I took advantage of some downtime in Alabama to snap a few pics of the drifter. Enjoy!
2006_0801SE500121.jpg

2006_0801SE500122.jpg

2006_0801SE500123.jpg

2006_0801SE500124.jpg

2006_0801SE500125.jpg

2006_0801SE500126.jpg

2006_0801SE500127.jpg

Back