• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

frodosm3's 76 242 16v Turbo

For this reason:

Mad02Big.jpg

update!

not much of an update actually:-P

got a coupe of little things done that might be worth posting up.

so the motor is out yet again:roll: took out the nasty heavy D24 and thought it would be a good idea to "clean up" the engine bay a little more but not the whole way.

got a updated steering rack and spent about a day cleaning it by hand:omg:
IMG_0102.jpg

did my research and asked a few questions before i tackled the hydrolic clutch conversion
IMG_0135.jpg

first i had to modify the pedal because it is close to impossible to find a 264 clutch pedal

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

switched the clutch forks, heres the hydrolic one installed
IMG_0142.jpg

Then since im using the 740 master cylinder which dosnt have a reservoir :wtf: i had to make my own. I took the rear brake fluid reservoir off a motorcycle and mounted it to the firewall brace, worked out good in my opinion
IMG_0098.jpg

another shot of the tranny with the yoshifab T5 cross member
IMG_0145.jpg

ready to go in!!!

IMG_0146.jpg

It got dark before i finished so i coulndt get a shot of the tranny all mounted up with driveshaft and everything, i'll post it up a little later

update!

the original motor got scrapped! it was built at the beginning of this project with budget in mind and the block was not a squirter. This clearly is not the case anymore, We now have a 1993 240 block :oogle: ohh yeah baby, this one squirts!!!

the plan is the following

1993 B230F squirter block

Bored, honed and decked
RSI pistons
RSI rods
Penta Crank
porte and polished 16 valve head
Penta Cams
bigger valves
solid lifters
nuke cam gears
upgraded valve springs

might be missing something but for now thats the plan. If anybody got better ideas of any suggestions please feel free to post up ;-)

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

Last edited:
machine shop

the block and head are visiting the machine shop next week, i got a penta crank and sourced the penta cams as well.

any suggestions on what to do at the machine shop before i send it there, i also gotta give the guys at RSI a call to look into pistons and rods

Back