• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Frodosm3's Group A Tribute

frodosm3

Group A tribute :-P not even close hahahaha but all jokes aside, here's what i've been up to with the 83 242.

This is my un-recognized child that i have never introduced here on the board. It already has some history with me. It has gone through three different front ends and 3 sets of wheels.

it is a 1983 "DL" model with the famous B23 and an auto tranny

early pictures

IMG00589-20111206-1133.jpg

IMG00460-20110930-1644.jpg

current pictures

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

now down to the nitty gritty!!!
what should we do to this poor child????

i already have my race designated 242 so a crazy build is out of the question, however, before i make any decisions on which route were gonna take i wanna hear from you, the people!!!

what should we do ??????

since i havent spent my tax returns heres whats gonna be done for sures:

the full IPD suspension works
M46 manual tranny swap
paint the complete front end to match the rest of the body

the engine! now here's where i want the people's input:

somebody already suggested lsx swap. i was thinking more of a cammed B230ft swap.

lets hear it!

Since you have the auto tranny variant, lh2.4, e85, tlao chips, eBay turbo, 75lb injectors, RSI cam

Easy 260+whp build on the cheap

2.4 for sure unless you wanna hover around the 220whp region

wouldnt the LH2.4 require a crank positioning sensor at the transmission bellhousing?

This should be pretty cool. If I'm understanding your intent correctly, I like it. Looking forward to seeing this progress.

right now i'm just brain storming with all the possible set-ups i can go with, once i know what direction i'm headed, the pics and posts will start coming

Back