• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

what bulb for small clock

Small Clock Bulb

So, I recently got tired of not being able to read the small clock at night and dug through my supply of parts I've hoarded and found a bulb the same size in one of the old switches. I had never messed with one of these before so I looked up this thread and saw that the size was 74 and that the local Autozone had them for $4.99 for a package of two. So, here is what I learned after about a year and a half of no light in the small clock.

1. The bulb is in a black base that contains the spade to connect the wire and the connections for the bottom of the bulb to fit into. The ground appears to be on the outside of the base and contacts against the small bore that it fits into to hold it in place.

clocklight1.jpg

clocklight2.jpg

2. The bulb pulls out of the base.

clocklight3.jpg

3. To fit the replacement bulb into the base just align the flat portion of the bottom of the bulb into the open end of the base and you're ready to have light!

clocklight4.jpg

I have read different things about the different sizes of bulbs and LED lights so for now I'm just sticking with the incandescent to avoid any issues.

Back