• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I want Ze bright lights!

TURBO_Volvo_Dan!!

BMW Fixer
yes, my 86 240 has poop for lights, the lense and housing stuff etc is new, but the bulbs are really not bright... are the IPD ones pretty good? or are there cheaper ones that are just like it... i want to be able to drive like i do during the day but at night...
thanks!:)

Last edited:
I replaced the bulbs in my 89 w/ sylvania white ones - not sure what the specifics were because it was awhile ago, but they were available through autozone for like $15 / pair or so. They work really well, and I'd totally say go w/ those, just make sure you get the right ones (i bought 9006 by accident once and it was bad news - the 240's take 9004s).

I used mag wheel polish to remove the yellow discoloration from my plastic headlights. Seemed to make a difference in the light, and definitely looks better. My plastic headlights are pretty good compared to my old e-codes that have a dull reflector and a rusty reflector. That is one nice thing about the plastic junk...it's plastic, so it doesn't corrode like metal.

I used mag wheel polish to remove the yellow discoloration from my plastic headlights. Seemed to make a difference in the light, and definitely looks better. My plastic headlights are pretty good compared to my old e-codes that have a dull reflector and a rusty reflector. That is one nice thing about the plastic junk...it's plastic, so it doesn't corrode like metal.

like i said... i have brand new lenses... lol

bright lights

The best way to improve the light output would be to add relays for the high and low beams so that the lights are being fed as much voltage as the system will supply. The e code lights light up the road better than the US glow worm lights in my experience.

yes, my 86 240 has poop for lights, the lense and housing stuff etc is new, but the bulbs are really not bright... are the IPD ones pretty good? or are there cheaper ones that are just like it... i want to be able to drive like i do during the day but at night...
thanks!:)

I would install anything that can take a set of H4 lenses (dual round, quad round, quad square) and install them with some 100W bulbs. Pointed properly, real hella H4s are fairly cheap, and about as good as it gets IMO.

i got the sylvania ones... they dont seem as great as they were saying on the website. oh well... they are whiter... but not amazing
will have to get fogs or something also...

i got the sylvania ones... they dont seem as great as they were saying on the website. oh well... they are whiter... but not amazing
will have to get fogs or something also...

Do it. Get some 40-50 dollar Pilot fogs from Autozone and pop 100W bulbs in each of them. Basically, you've now got two new headlights.:nod:

Back