• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Friction plate for John Parker Aluminum Flywheel

gdogg16

You're a Subtotal
Currently have the T5 out of the 242 for a new clutch and the friction plate in my flywheel has a significant groove in it. I'd like to replace it if I can. Spoke to John Parker this morning and he's not sure he can source the friction plates anymore. I'd honestly rather not deal with him anyway if at all possible.. So... My question is this, has any one attempted to retro fit a friction plate from another make into this flywheel? Or, does anyone know where I may be able to source a plate?

The friction plate is standard 20 bolt and is 8.5" outer diameter with about 1/4" thickness (haven't removed it yet to measure actual worn thickness).

Thanks!

Just pulled it out and I suppose I can flip it. Need to countersink holes (no big deal). Friction plate is warped, but can probable torque it straight.

Lissen--all those gawddam thin plate on gawddam aluminum flywheels will always warp if its a one piece disc..too thin, 650-800*..
A guy who i use for his CNC muills makes Top Fuel clutch assemblies and I have a sample Ford Duratec thing...and as soon as I I plopped it on the table to start measuring, he frowned and said "Once again, solid piece, no slits , no nuthing, this is going to warp like a salad bowl

Can you slit the thing into 4 or 5 sections? Then when you screw it down they can then float around as the por aluminum thing heats and warps itself---and at elevated temps the cebnter wants to rip out cause at 800* the aluminum is as strong as taffy.

Call up a place called ultrarev. They sell fidanza plates. It sounds like you should be able to source a plate from them. Can you figure out the bolt circle of the mounting holes? That would help a lot. If you can give me that info I may even be able to help you out. An John V, Fidanza plates have no problem with warping. I've seen 1,000 + horsepower cars with thousands of miles on Fidanza flywheels an no warping when it was clutch time. If it didn't work, the design wouldn't be so hugely popular.

Call up a place called ultrarev. They sell fidanza plates. It sounds like you should be able to source a plate from them. Can you figure out the bolt circle of the mounting holes? That would help a lot. If you can give me that info I may even be able to help you out. An John V, Fidanza plates have no problem with warping. I've seen 1,000 + horsepower cars with thousands of miles on Fidanza flywheels an no warping when it was clutch time. If it didn't work, the design wouldn't be so hugely popular.

It's hugely popular because it takes a grand total of ZERO thought, skill, expertise or experence to buy one and screw 6-7-9 bolts in and because most people screwing with cars have zero thought, skill, expertise, or experience and listen to others with even less.

I suggest you go back to my 3rd grade class waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back whenever and read in our little science book about how wall thermostats worked then---it seem like magic but they worked with no electronics--just a thing called a bi-metal strip...Which derpity derp de derp dood is what a bi metal aluminum/steel disc is..

I'll believe Dave Benjamin, he makes stuff for 2,500 hp to 10,000 hp... and he makes everything but the friction material.

Yes can you reply? Names shouldnt matter yet its just a matter of replying. Me and another memeber are looking for one of your t5 bells.

Back