• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Where to buy quality wheel spacers?

Geoff240Ti

Ben are you selling wheel spacers?

I searched and found https://www.motorsport-tech.com
Are they good?

I'm using my gil racing hub centric spacers on the 940 so i basically need another 25mm / 32mm for all the fwd rims and tires i have.

Dont really want extended studs/spacers as i still swap to rwd offset at times.

You need to make some for 7/9...... I am using h&r bolts that came with my spacers (now they are NLA) in the rear and then ARP is300 in the front that I had to drill the hub larger to fit.

These are what I sell,

http://www.kaplhenke.com/collections/240/products/240-extended-wheel-studs-wheel-spacers

Which are better then any wheel adapter will ever be. Stronger, lighter, and more reliable. Just get extended deep or open acorn style lugnuts if you plan to run without spacers.

Ben I'll order your studs/spacers for my 242 if I go with fwd offset.. Or if i swap in a 8.8 I'll get the redrills. I do hate bolt on spacers, not gonna lie. If my 244 didnt have eikers id buy studs for that fo sho.

But since this is for another 940 looks like I'll have to get spacers.

Alex I'll check out your link, much appreciated.

Any other input would be great!

Been rocking my motorsport tech ones for a few years on the STI wheels, previously had a set of spacers from them on my old Fox wheels. No issues whatsoever in around 80k miles on the road.

You need to make some for 7/9...... I am using h&r bolts that came with my spacers (now they are NLA) in the rear and then ARP is300 in the front that I had to drill the hub larger to fit.

The studs I have for the 240 fit the rear of a 740.... the front is different though. :grrr:

Dont really want extended studs/spacers as i still swap to rwd offset at times.

I've been running extended studs on the rear only for years with rwd wheels and the only time I've had issues with the longer studs was running Gemini and multi-x wheels with no rear spacer. The center caps don't fit over the studs. I have run Virgo, BBS RA and RS, Laguna, and Oscam turbo with extended studs and no spacers at least briefly.
Then again I don't recall how much longer Ben's extended studs are vs the Volvo ones I have. You'll be fine if you don't intend to run wheels with a lug covering cap. And you could run the 25mm front spacer on the rear wheels when you run rwd wheels.

I have Volvo, Avalanche, and H&R spacers. The H&R might still be available. Not sure.
If I need more in future I will buy bens.

One more question... is the wheel offset different on a 91 940 SE (IRS) vs a regular 940?

I still can't find the answer to this one..

My plan is to drive the car and either sell or part it out. So if IRS has its own funky offset maybe I won't be needing spacers! They'll be no good for anything else I have.

One more question... is the wheel offset different on a 91 940 SE (IRS) vs a regular 940?

My search ended up confusing me on spacer sizes...

I think they're the same it's been while. The difference though is that the IRS cars sit further outboard/ inline with the front than the solid axle cars do.

I think they're the same it's been while. The difference though is that the IRS cars sit further outboard/ inline with the front than the solid axle cars do.

Hmm, interesting. I was going to toss on some pegs I have laying around but I guess I'll wait to order spacers. It might look Donk since I don't intend on lowering this one. I guess I should just wait until I pick it up next week.

Starting to get the itch on spacers for my 244 though.. I'd like to space the Eikers out a bit.

0WCHdHc.jpg

Back