• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

(formerly) The $700 1988 245

Engine oil look good?

Poopy transmission / metal in the pan?

Rusted out / blown out interior?

They're getting pretty rough by now when they land in the yards...

Any paperwork in the car that might provide a clue as to the downfall ?

Engine oil look good?

Poopy transmission / metal in the pan?

Rusted out / blown out interior?

They're getting pretty rough by now when they land in the yards...

Any paperwork in the car that might provide a clue as to the downfall ?

I'll have to do some investigation. This isn't a very good yard, they just plop the cars on the dirt without wheels.

Decent haul today. No turbo, couldn't get the bottom exhaust nut, couldn't find a sawzall, and I wasn't about to wait for the guy in the loader to pick the car out of the corner of the yard just for the turbo. Still though, I got a 960 fan, turbo FPR, 5 Virgos, etc. And I saw this mint 940, someone should buy it.

6S7pcyuh.jpg

Sorry Sam but I hate to say this: just when I think my life sucks and my car always breaks, I come to your thread and feel much better.

But you will prevail!

Sorry Sam but I hate to say this: just when I think my life sucks and my car always breaks, I come to your thread and feel much better.

But you will prevail!

Glad to be of service, lol.

When the car is broken I feel like I should sell it, but I won't get any money for a broken car. Then when it isn't broken I won't sell it because I love driving it too much. Endless cycle.

Update. Its got some leaks.

Drove it about an hour on the highway. Managed to leak engine oil, powersteering atf, and coolant. And it made this weird noise in boost. But the clutch slip seems to have gone away somehow. So that's good.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CBX6CzgmfZY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Zapped a flex pipe to the exhaust, putting in a new water pump, and ordered a rebuild kit for my spare T3 which (I think) leaks oil into the exhaust housing. Still need to take a look at the steering rack. I should also try and set the ignition timing, or something.

fmzbjAqh.jpg

Uh...that funny noise was massive detonation

did it go lean on that hole? partially plugged injector? carbon on piston to hot a plug? that's can be done n.a. do with 7#s I'm not surprised that video makes me wince

did it go lean on that hole? partially plugged injector? carbon on piston to hot a plug? that's can be done n.a. do with 7#s I'm not surprised that video makes me wince

The piston was steam cleaned when the headgasket blew. Injector is my guess. Was running NGK BPR7ES, I believe.

I never heard it make that noise after doing the HG, but I'm pretty deaf.

Back