B21f Swap Everything

SmokesLetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:31 PM   #752
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlard View Post
...but how?
Kid driving a company truck backs straight into it as Iím driving by. He says, ďsorry, I totally didnít see youĒ, chick with him says, ďhe wasnít lookingĒ. They give me the business ownerís phone number (his dad). I call a few minutes later. He apologizes and tells me to get an estimate and email it to him so he can save his deductible. I go see Rich at BelRed to get a quote and as Iím leaving I get another call from the dad, ďI JUST LOOKED AT THE PICTURES AND WEíRE NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY, **** YOU, YOU TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!Ē So I directly hang up on him and go back to the shop. Call the police (Wonít come of course since itís in a parking lot. Private property) and now itís on my insurance and theyíll go after him.
Atom D&D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:36 PM   #753
M.H. Yount
Board Member

That just sucks - sorry man.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:18 PM   #754
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. Yount View Post
That just sucks - sorry man.
If youíre having the struggle, you need the lesson. Thatís life. Not sure what this means, but Iíll push forward.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:49 PM   #755
M.H. Yount
Board Member

Well, nobody hurt. In the greater scheme, easy to fix.
M.H. Yount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:38 AM   #756
Vol242vo
Board Member

Damn, ****ty on all ends. Sorry dude.

Derek - 1980 242
Vol242vo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:30 AM   #757
Shifted
Midnight Watch

Look at the bright side:

Crash test, side impact: PASS/Rating: *****

From here it looks like most o' that'll pull with a spotter, thanks to your good work on the original job.

Two seconds earlier and he might have took out the front end... for all good things give thanks, f'k the rest.

You're OK, and it can be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Doing something because you enjoy it is a must in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME II View Post
Without mistakes there is no learning.
"The mountain streams that rush on by/Show the fish a-jumpin' and reflect the open sky/The fresh clean smell of the pines/Symbol of unchanging times/All around this sacred land/Strangely, though, I've found my way/Right here I'm a-gonna stay/In this land" Tom Johnston/Doobie Brothers "Ukiah"

Lifeboat for the plankwalkers/otherwise disenfranchised.
Shifted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:15 PM   #758
cwdodson88
Board Member

Amazon owners everywhere have their pitch forks on the ready.

The Build Thread
SVEA - PUSHROD TURBO!
cwdodson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 12:57 PM   #759
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifted View Post
Look at the bright side:

Crash test, side impact: PASS/Rating: *****

From here it looks like most o' that'll pull with a spotter, thanks to your good work on the original job.

Two seconds earlier and he might have took out the front end... for all good things give thanks, f'k the rest.

You're OK, and it can be fixed.
I did have that takeaway. Iím fairly certain that the convertible bulkhead that I left in actually really helped. No broken glass.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:58 PM   #760
Atom D&D
Board Member

I tried pouring hot water on it this morning, but the dent didn’t pop out. Anyone know where to get metric suction cups for my dent puller? The one that came with it are for American cars I’m pretty sure.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #761
mblue240
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom D&D View Post
Kid driving a company truck backs straight into it as Iím driving by. He says, ďsorry, I totally didnít see youĒ, chick with him says, ďhe wasnít lookingĒ. They give me the business ownerís phone number (his dad). I call a few minutes later. He apologizes and tells me to get an estimate and email it to him so he can save his deductible. I go see Rich at BelRed to get a quote and as Iím leaving I get another call from the dad, ďI JUST LOOKED AT THE PICTURES AND WEíRE NOT TAKING ANY RESPONSIBILITY, **** YOU, YOU TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY!Ē So I directly hang up on him and go back to the shop. Call the police (Wonít come of course since itís in a parking lot. Private property) and now itís on my insurance and theyíll go after him.
That's messed up. Do you have a local "investigative reporter" like we have down here? You call him and he goes knocking on their door with camera in hand and things get straightened out real quick.

Also, I think everyone should have a dash cam, just as evidence in cases like this.

Tbricks build

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4_ford View Post
In Oregon, 5 Volvos in a parking lot isn't a meet, it's just a daily coincidence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NChoy View Post
Yep, Michael is right.
mblue240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #762
Shifted
Midnight Watch

Quote:
I tried pouring hot water on it this morning, but the dent didnít pop out.
Normally that would work, but it has to be Swedish spring water. In this case, it'd also have to be krausened in Germany for several weeks.
Shifted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 12:06 AM   #763
Atom D&D
Board Member

Because, as I’m sure you’re all aware of, I just can’t sit still, but I am still flustered about the accident, I cleared out the back of the car in preparation for the body work by removing what panels were in and all the stuff I was storing in the top cubby. Then I worked a little bit on the pillar/headliner trim.

Because the headliner had a different windshield contour and the visor mounts in different spots, I decided to continue the pillar trim into the area where the Saturn sun visor sat. That gives me clamping area for the front of the headliner as well as easily covering unused holes.

Biggest problem at the moment is being antsy to get to work on the body. Have to wait for insurance to clear everything now.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #764
M.H. Yount
Board Member

It's hard for me to tell from the pictures. What material(s) are you working with here? Wood trim? With filler of what type?
Old 03-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #765
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
It's hard for me to tell from the pictures. What material(s) are you working with here? Wood trim? With filler of what type?
MDF for most of it and upholstery panelboard is the black stuff. I tend to use Duraglas for the cost layer if itís going to be thick and then just regular filler from there on out. Once Iím done Iíll seal the MDF before I wrap them.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #766
Atom D&D
Board Member

Anyone with some photoshop skills want to help me with a (hopefully) small project? Shoot me a PM

Old 03-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #767
M.H. Yount
Board Member

I sense a color change...
Old 03-10-2019, 02:53 PM   #768
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
I sense a color change...
Itís a possibility. Iím trying to work out how I want to get through this. Iím taking it as a sign that I need to step up the exterior. I love the patina and specifically wanted this look, but even with my bag of tricks, Iím not sure I could get a freshly painted entire quarter panel to match the current patina. Couple that with the fact that the door jambs all still need to be repainted since the body swap, and I guess I really would like the body to be a bit straighter, and Iím thinking the decision has been made for me to respray. Now, if I DO respray, do I want a different color? Any time someone else posts pics of the Amazon, it instantly is identified as the Voxx Amazon (typically now called Guy Martinís car). Not that itís a bad thing to be compared to (he did have great taste), but maybe HQ deserves some of his own attention. Just thinking through the process.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #769
xorox_88
Board Member

yeah 95% of the time i see your car reposted on instagram people think its vŲx car... id look into a newer volvo color, if you wanna ball out even rich java metallica.. incredible color, probably cost both arms and a leg and half a kidney tho
xorox_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:02 PM   #770
Atom D&D
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorox_88 View Post
yeah 95% of the time i see your car reposted on instagram people think its vŲx car... id look into a newer volvo color, if you wanna ball out even rich java metallica.. incredible color, probably cost both arms and a leg and half a kidney tho
Rich Java Metallic (712) is on my list, but I’m not sold w/red interior just yet. There are BMWs w/Marrakech Brown and red interior and it’s just OK.

I like the Ocean Race Blue as well.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:34 PM   #771
mblue240
Board Member

It seems like it will be a fad, but I like the shark skin grey Audi started (Harley calls it Battleship).
mblue240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #772
R-Pow3R3d
Master of Disaster

Quote:
Rich Java Metallic (712) is on my list, but Iím not sold w/red interior just yet. There are BMWs w/Marrakech Brown and red interior and itís just OK.

I like the Ocean Race Blue as well.
OR Blue is great. You could do the new denim blue. Barents Blue is also a great color.

Red interior really does cut down on the number of exterior options.
R-Pow3R3d
R-Pow3R3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 10:53 PM   #773
M.H. Yount
Board Member

Nardo Gray. I always thought a two tone Nardo Gray and Volvo Rose Beige could look good. But whatever is done has to complement the red/black interior. That steers me to the grays - but it’s very subjective.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #774
Atom D&D
Board Member

Nardo Grey is on my list. I figure I can work with blue, grey (silver), white (beige) or brown. Honestly, I might do some of the AutoFlex paint so I can try out some different colors before I decide on the final color
Old 03-10-2019, 11:32 PM   #775
Atom D&D
Board Member