• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Team Recycle Racing Finland - JuHaU's Garage

JuHaU

300+ Member
300+ Club
Team Recycle Racing Finland - JuHaU's Garage (new pictures 11/26/2012)

Here is some stories about my Volvos.

I have now four Volvos in my garage. Two Amazons, P1800 and T-5R.

volvoparkingonly.jpg

11737900_1621511121451942_6726081206947666805_n.jpg

- story in progress -

Last edited:
Volvo Amazon -66

Friend of mine has originally built this car. I bought it few years ago. These days I was rebuilding my 240 Turbo and I had all the parts to build 16v Turbo engine to it. Someday my friend call me and offered that car to me without engine. I accepted the offer and two month after that Amazon was in my carage with new 2.3 litres Turbo engine.

The car is DD at summer times. I use it quite usually and it's very common also at race tracks. 1/4 mile and sometimes also at track. In the future front brakes must updated to make car more comfortable at track. There is now ventilated disc's and caliber's from Volvo 164 and after few hard braking there is problems with heat and brakes start to disappear.

Best ET with old 2.3 Turbo engine 13.84@171.84.

radalla01.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

Leather seats - Carrelli

2012-07-16-187_penkit.jpg

Steel Flywheel with SRE HD -618

B230FK
Wiseco pistons 96.5 mm
Eagle knife edge crank 94.5 mm stroke
Sten Parner beams 147 mm
B234F head (ported)
16V cams
BMW double spring's
Holset HX40 14#
DTA engine management system
8 x 440 cc injectors
Getrag 260-5 5 speed gearbox
steel flywheel
BMW M3 SRE HD cluth M3 disk

Last edited:
Volvo Amazon racecar - under progress

I bought that car without engine. It was in that condition that it is at the trailer. I get Jerico gearbox with it and huge wheels.
Safety chassis was also installed with old owner. It was total project when it arrivered to my carage.

kotimatka_alkaa.jpg

Turbo Holset HX55

HX55_02.jpg

02032012174.jpg

Gearbox - Jerico

ama013a.jpg

Clutc - Tilton with steel flywheel

Triggerikeha_vp.jpg

Wilwood brakes

Wilwood_brakes_Amazon03.jpg

Etujarrut_01.jpg

Rear axle Ford 9"

9_inch_axel.jpg

Engine room

26022012165.jpg

Last edited:
Volvo P1800R-Sport

P1800 was found from Sweden at 2011. This summer I registered it to Finnish register. I used car about 1 000 km during the summer. Few times at local Volvo meetings and sometimes at super market trips. P1800 is now at winter rest at locat shed.

3ArRfuCQRiuGyU9T0fZhid

New disk brakes 302 mm disk from V50. Calibers are from Volvo 940 Turbo.

P1800_etujarru_03.jpg

Shok's are updated to SPAX adjustable. Spings are still original. Next summer's project to chance new ones.

Engine

Season 2012 original B20B with two SU carburettors.

Coming in the future.

New engine with 86 mm Penta crank and Volvo R-sport 16 head.

IMAG0737.jpg

Gearbox will change to M410 with overdrive and original B20 bellhousing.

Rear axle will change to Volvo / Toyota hybrid with locker.

Last edited:
Some of the past Volvos.

240 Turbo 348 hp @ 534 nm
13.41@166.36

IMG_9523.jpg

240 Turbo -81 B21ET + intercooler 200 hp

turbo_kotona.jpg

244 L -75 B20, M40

Volvo244sillalla.jpg

940 2.3 Turbo 278 hp@ 430 nm
14.8@150

945_Polariksilla.jpg

Last edited:
Nice collection!!

Thanks..

Interesting brake setup. What modifications did you have to make in order to fit these? Any more pictures?

Here is some of the pictures.

New bracket for the caliber. 10 mm aluminium - watercut.

volvo_amazon_jarrusovite.jpg

Here it's installed.

P1800_etujarru_02.jpg

73uFbHXX5VDV7b4B8IR4io

In the picture there is wrong side's caliber.

eujarrut_02.jpg

We had to lathe disk brake at inside little bit to fit the disk and make sure that both of the surfaces was absolutely straight. We also drilled new holes for the bolts to the new brake disk. Only some of the spacer's had to put between calibers and bracket to get the caliber in the middle of the disk.

Steering arm that connect wheel and streering bar had to little fix to get the wheel angle at right position.

This caliber is there only for test. I bought new one's from local store. Price was amazing low. It was almost same amount that repair kit that consist of new seals.

Last edited:
Here is picture of street Amazon's spare gearbox. It's Getrag 265 from BMW 635csi. Bellhousing is quite rare. It's original Group A part. It's manufactured from magnesium.

Getrag_265.jpg

That one is M400 from Volvo 164. Bellhousin is B20 -> M400/M410. Used only 6 monts at P1800 and also at Volvo bandwagen. I don't have that gearbox anymore. I sold it away and bought 5 gear M410 to my P1800.

M400_paikoillaan.jpg

Now there is Getrag 260-5 from 7 series BMW. Bellhousin is modified to fit red block.

Laatikko.jpg

This is quite common way to clean engine blocks. First I made mechanic cleaning and after that used window cleaning spray from W?rth.

Amazon_uusilohko.jpg

Street Amazons Pistons before drilling valve spaces.

Mannat_wiceco.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool!! I'm looking for a way to upgrade the brakes in my '71 p1800 in favor of something more modern (and cheaper). I also have a m410 that came with my 1970. Very solid transmissions!! Looking forward to seeing more.

Amazon's new engine and transmission are now at right place. There is still few hour's to do before start up. Fitment to engine bay is quite narrow. There is not any free space between head and firewall. Flywheels trigger sensor (Volvo original LH 2.4) is almost towards to firewall.

7cEyGJoGieFddx30c0fFza

How you are gonna fix that? redo the Trannymount?

That turbo rocks... out of a FH12?

I was trying to say that there is not any extra space. There is just enough to fit the packet to its place.

Turbo is Holset HX40 and it's coming from truck. 60 mm (2,36") coldside and 65 mm (2,56") hotside.

I'm drooling right now, where's the love for the 240's these days!?

All of them are sold.

There is one story about that blue 240 Turbo. I was at my carage with my friend. We had some challenges with LH 2.4. Engine was running at very lean about AFR 18 (ecu was broken). Suddenly my wife came to garage and shout "sell it and buy a real old Volvo". Few weeks after that I bought white Amazon.

I sold blue one without engine and tranmission. But one year after that I built new 8v Turbo engine to that car. It's still at the same condition without the engine. I think so that someday it will be running again.

Red 240 Turbo is still in use. Friend of mine bought it and has kept it at good condition.

Green 240 was few year at shed and nowadays it is going to be museum registy with original B20 engine and M40 gearbox.

I think so that I have enough experiences of 240 Volvos. Some else can continue after that.

New engine is now ready. Test drive is passed and feelings are very happy. Torque of the new engine is amazing. I will use Amazon until this month and collect some miles before winter rest.

Back