• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

93 940 TURBO LH2.4 INTO 82 242 turbo

psac

Hello all.
i have a 1982 242 turbo and a doner car engine and wiring harnes out of a 93 940 turbo.
the fuel management system (lh 2.4) and ignition (ezk) are connected into eachother. i plan
on using a cam in block setup (b230ft) so that the cylinder head can fit into the 240 chassis. my question is which wiring should i keep? does the crank trigger go into the LH or Ezk? i would like to eliminate the EZK but i am unsure if that is possible... i am very unsure as to what i will need.

thanks in advance

Get an 89-93 240 engine harness. The 940 turbo computers will plug right into it, the harness will fit the 240 body perfectly and the only mod you will have to make is the addition of the resistor pack for the turbo injectors and lengthening the AMM harness so it can run where it is supposed to go. If you want, you can leave the AMM where it goes on a stock LH 2.4 240. It will be running pressurized, vs. draw through.

Get an 89-93 240 engine harness. The 940 turbo computers will plug right into it, the harness will fit the 240 body perfectly and the only mod you will have to make is the addition of the resistor pack for the turbo injectors and lengthening the AMM harness so it can run where it is supposed to go. If you want, you can leave the AMM where it goes on a stock LH 2.4 240. It will be running pressurized, vs. draw through.

What is the AMM? air mass meter?
is there any benefit from draw thru or pressureized?
also, since i will be installing dizzy in block i can get rid of the ezk side of the wiring correct?

Last edited:
bump..
so in choosing the 240 engine harness how do i run the ignition? i know that due to space the dizzy in the head must be changed to dizzy on the block. in that case dont i also lose the knock sensor? what are people doing when adding lh 2.4 into a kjet style 240?

What you want to do is keep the EZK ignition. It is integrated with the fuel management computer. They 'talk' back and forth through several connections. The engine speed sensor connects to the EZK computer. You'll have to cutout the area of the bell housing so the engine speed sensor bracket will fit if you are using the transmission from the 82. LH2.4 needs a vehicle speed signal. Plenty of folks have run the LH2.4 without it and it worked OK. In an ideal setup though it is better to have the signal. You can do it by installing the later differential carrier and rear axle cover with the sensor or swap in a whole axle. Plus get the wiring from a salvage 240. It goes up into the trunk and then forward from there. As much as you can if you can't get the whole piece of wire.

I would use draw through like a stock turbo. For the distributor change. You use a stock LH2.4 240 distributor. There is nothing inside it just like an LH2.4 head mount distributor. It just distributes the spark. Don't forget to buy a 240 series plug for the hole in the head where the distributor used to be. You won't lose your knock sensor. In fact it stays and works with the 240 harness just fine. Your main wiring change is adding the resistor pack to the injector wiring and lengthening the air mass meter wiring as mentioned above.

89-93 240's engine harness.. i have called many places and unable to find a turbo wiring harness..
does it make a difference or will i be ok using a non turbo harness?

89-93 240's engine harness.. i have called many places and unable to find a turbo wiring harness..
does it make a difference or will i be ok using a non turbo harness?

There is no such thing as an 89-93 240 turbo harness. You are looking for a naturally aspirated, 1989-1993 240 engine harness. Then, you are plugging in the turbo computers, which are the exact same on the connectors. That's what makes this conversion a piece of cake.

Back