• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Pig: '79 242 16vT

I'm getting pretty good with the Moss-Out and fertilizer...

And my tulips are lovely this year.

:roll:

And, no, my car is not ready for the trip to Davis.

:grrr:

Sitrep:

Tomorrow:
Alignment and power steering rack boot

Weekend:
Wheel bearing, rewire front speakers, and lay down insulation
Wash wheels
Wax car
Pack toolkit
Pack quick detailing kit

Car is running great. Turned on boost control to see how quickly I can get it to spool. Answer is 15 psi by 3200 RPM in third.

It's running well, though. Too well. I'm suspicious...

It's running well, though. Too well. I'm suspicious...

sometimes things just work out. we slapped my car together inexpertly and quickly and it ran startlingly well. you said yourself you paid attention to every little thing this time.

Yes but I'm susceptible to self-report bias. What if there are things that I didn't know or didn't think I had to pay attention to?

then your car will break catastrophically, when we are far away from resources, and it's raining, and there's wild animals, and an earthquake.

Yes but I'm susceptible to self-report bias. What if there are things that I didn't know or didn't think I had to pay attention to?

Rummy said:
As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don’t know we don’t know.

I think you're referring to the 3rd variety of xknowns. Don't let that keep you up at night. Life's too short, brochacho.

I think you're referring to the 3rd variety of xknowns. Don't let that keep you up at night. Life's too short, brochacho.

Unknown unknowns are also a factor. I'm referring to known unknowns that I may have been too stupid to ignore. Lord knows I have done that before.

At any rate, ON</a>WARDS :mods:

After IPD this year, I'm ripping out all of the speed parts, putting in things from a late model car (so it doesn't end up crushed), selling it all, and buying an M3.

Don't they all kind of sound like they have a cold tick?

Piston clearance is loose, so it's expected. It quieted down once it watmed up

what oil are you running?

Chevron 15w40 for diesels

Meh, your red block makes more torque than that puney V8. From a stop light your car is probably faster.

I'd still drive one though.

It accelerates about the same as an E46 M3. Probably not quite at E90 level until it breaks in fully and I can turn up the boost.

Back