• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

760 760-Advice to noob?

nickvolvo746

1990 760 turbo wagon

Newb here,
Just picked up a minty old brick recently, and unfortunately it did not come with a manual. I am having trouble figuring out exactly what systems the thing runs on on (ezk, rex regina etc..). Can anybody help me figure out how to do this? Also, I have been told it has the sought after B230ft, but is there a good way to confirm this? Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks if you are reading this!

If it is a turbo 4 cylinder (which it is) it is a b230ft engine with 13mm rods and no squirters. Pretty stout engine.

And it runs on LH2.4 turbo ecu and EZK116 ignition.

If it is a turbo 4 cylinder (which it is) it is a b230ft engine with 13mm rods and no squirters. Pretty stout engine.

And it runs on LH2.4 turbo ecu and EZK116 ignition.
Thanks very much for the response mate. If I may be so bold as to follow up, if I was told that it does have squirters, was I lied to or is there a chance it was upgraded? Can I test this somehow, are squirters easy to see? Not really a big deal either way but it sounds like squirters are nice to have.

If this is a US market model vehicle then it has the systems described above. there might be slightly different engines if it is not a US model.

Thanks very much for the response mate. If I may be so bold as to follow up, if I was told that it does have squirters, was I lied to or is there a chance it was upgraded? Can I test this somehow, are squirters easy to see? Not really a big deal either way but it sounds like squirters are nice to have.

Oh I forgot to consider the fact that you may not be US based, but I believe most of the time the injection systems will be the exact same. Other countries I think got a B200ft? Not sure..

Squirters are generally 93+. I have never seen them in a pre 93 car but I am a small sample size (maybe 5 engines). Pulled the pan on a 92 yesterday...no squirters.

It is unlikely that you have them and the only real way of telling is by pulling the pan or using a borescore through the the drain plug hole. You probably won't notice a difference either way though.

You may be more likely to find specifications for a 1991 940 SE, or a 1991 960 Turbo. Depends on what continent you're on.

Get in touch via PM if you need help with your car. We have a good group of people here in NJ.
Thanks! Ill keep that in mind. Do you guys ever have meet ups or anything? I spend a lot of time on here just reading through random posts to try and glean whatever knowledge I can, I wish I had somewhere I could hang out and see stuff getting done first hand.

Back