• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Coilover adapter question

Similar to how Jvab does his rally coilovers. There is something to be said for this method

Having no engineering experience limits my ability to make something like this, but yah, it seems like it would open a whole world of options.

I purchased these.
Seems to be one of the least expensive and a easier way of adding coilovers to our cars.

http://www.retroturbo.com/?product=volvo-740-940-adapters-to-fit-e46-coilovers-txr-copy

I haven't install them as yet though but I purchased the e46 coilovers.

i may be purchasing these. they seem like a more logical solution than weld rings and coilover sleeves. i wonder if there's any downside to this method.. i have yet to see anybody use these.

i may be purchasing these. they seem like a more logical solution than weld rings and coilover sleeves. i wonder if there's any downside to this method.. i have yet to see anybody use these.

I have to say I don't like them. Welding is very critical with these. I am also not keen on how the BMW struts fit and I have seen the come loose. This system is moct popular with ulta low budget coilovers that are of teh buy cheap buy twice moto.

Normaly if you have the right skills to fit those you would have teh skills to do something better.

Weld rings and sleeves have served me well for about 14 years on my setup. You can slot the stock or use the kaplhenke brake line brackets if you want to make the stock struts easier to remove.

Back