• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Leaning out issue past 10 psi E85

Well, at least partially. Expansion tank was empty, taking off the plug cover and spark plugs out showed a steam cleaned 1st cylinder piston.

Time for a new HG.

That's a ****ty thing to hear :-(
I hope E85 has protected you from any further mechanical damage.

While we troubleshooted similar issue, we had piston skirt damage in one cylinder due to lean condition.

The devil is in the details, especially when you are running high boost applications on these old volvos.

Well, at least partially. Expansion tank was empty, taking off the plug cover and spark plugs out showed a steam cleaned 1st cylinder piston.

Time for a new HG.

That's the result, not the cause. You need to find out the cause.

That's the result, not the cause. You need to find out the cause.

Actually, logs had great AFR's before but limited to ~ 23 psi on 93 gas and would knock. The leaning out started when switching to E85. I only got through a few gallons and 5-6 logs before the HG failed.

I don't daily the car. It sits and when I have time I've tried to tune, for years.

skip the 4 bar. could be fuel filter. I doubt the fuel line size is too small cause iirc the fwd cars have larger ID fuel lines than the rwd ones and I got a lot of love out of the stock fuel system and 1000cc injectors on my old 940.

something to consider. 3bar + 1.5 bar is ~68psi of head pressure on the pump. Not familiar with the quantum brand, is that like a knockoff aeromotive?
there are people complaining about it's ability to keep up on some of the amazon reviews. 4.4 is a return-style rail, correct? I'd try and determine if pressure is actually doing what you think it's doing

I had a boost-lean out that ended up being a (real) A340 that dead headed around 70psi. Took me a while to find that one.

Back