• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo 140 T5 Bellhousing Adapter

You can use an M45/M46 bell housing on a B18/B20. Most (if not all) of the adapters available offer upright or slanted mounting positions, so it should be a bolt in. You'll just need to make an adapter to hold the clutch cable at the bell housing.

You can use an M45/M46 bell housing on a B18/B20. Most (if not all) of the adapters available offer upright or slanted mounting positions, so it should be a bolt in. You'll just need to make an adapter to hold the clutch cable at the bell housing.

An easy "adapter" is just using two large fender washers on either side of the M46 bell housing cable tab.

DeeWorks adapter, M46 bellhousing, and a Mustang T5 in my 140 right now, works like a charm. Had to adapt the clutch cable stop on the bellhousing but that was it.

Thanks all!

I'm looking at snagging an S10 transmission so I can keep the schoolbus shifter, and throwing a different gear ratio in. Anybody have any experience doing that?

Thanks all!

I'm looking at snagging an S10 transmission so I can keep the schoolbus shifter, and throwing a different gear ratio in. Anybody have any experience doing that?

You can also swap the tail housing and shift rod around, so you can run a mustang T5 and use the s10 tail housing. The s10 ratios are good for a small truck, not the best for a car.
Probably way cheaper than swapping gear ratios.

I might have my old school never used Avalanche T5 adapter [works for a b20, was going to use it for a upright B23] for sale here shortly..

I've been curious about doing this swap in my 142 but I would want to maintain the long throw for shifting and not be forced to swap to the short shifter. Is this possible?

The chevy s10 t5 has the shifter pretty close to stock. Not too sure on the details of the tail housing swap, but I’ve heard it’s not too hard. There’s just a few things that need to be swapped out.

Thanks all!

I am literally looking into this same thing as we speak, or in this case type + read.

The gear ratio thing shouldn't be an issue, but from what we've been able to gather, the school bus shifter will have to be moved about 1.5inches (it's really anywhere from 1-2inches)

But please double check my math on that.

Here's the thread I started on the subject. I think I've found some more info since this and will share once I find it again. https://forums.tbforums.com/showthread.php?t=339109

Alright, crashed the motorcycle the other night and lost my front teeth, so I'm taking a break from 2 wheeled adventures and focusing on the Volvo for a while now. Next big step will be getting this bellhousing adapter. Oemoilleaks, any chance you have yours kicking around?

Sadly it looks like the B23 adapter takes a lot more than the B20 adapter - B20 adapters are around $150, while B23 adapters are $300 or so. Buuuuut the B23 ones are much more available!

For the DeeWorks adapter, I would need:
1) M46 bellhousing
2) T5 transmission
3) S10 tailhousing
4) Adapter

Anything else? Specific Gaskets etc?

I was going to offer to you, my Deeworks adapter. In exchange for the Kaplenkhe one (with a modified bell housing), but apparently they're sold out.

Back