home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > maintenance & nonperformance

Old 10-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #126
PromiseRing
We don't even like Volvos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeizerBrickGuy View Post
The Four Seasons compressors are good. I'm pretty sure I can find you a discount code to save on one if you need.
Summer and hot weather is coming to an end here. The car will be parked in a garage over winter weather as to avoid salt. I am planning on compressor replacement during the time parked.

I had a look at her compressor today and after fiddling around with the intake hose, I was able to find a label for the compressor that was installed way back when. It's a remanned unit that was filled with pag46 on 07/12/2001. No wonder why it leaks, heard lots of bad about the remanned units. Other label says it was remanned for RAMAC, PN 860134R. That pulls up a Seltec unit, but I was under the impression that stock was a Sanden. It heavily resembles a Sanded SD5 variant.

So, question is, Seltec or Sanden, or Four Seasons? Vehicle will be getting yet another new R/D, orifice tube, and full flush of all components. It will be using R12 or ES12A, NOT R134a.

Here is the Seltec unit that the PN pulls up
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/569...r-New-8251069/

Four Seasons unit on amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Four-Seasons-.../dp/B000C2Q8E8
EDIT: the compressor PN on the Four Seasons is DKS15BH. I had posted the clutch PN. DKS15BH is the original Seltec (Diesel Kiki) part number, so perhaps Four Seasons is selling Seltec units with their name on it. If that is the case, Four Seasons should be fine as I'd imagined.

And there's also a generic SD5 unit, there are a few different SD5s though, not sure which is compatible.
93' 245 m47
90' 744 AW70
94' M-Edition Miata
95' Camry auto
Past:
80' 242gt m46
88' 245 m47
92' 940 turbo AW17

If you stop and think about it, it’s literally not worth your time to get on TBOT every day and argue about politics.

Last edited by PromiseRing; 10-02-2018 at 01:30 PM..
PromiseRing is offline   Reply With Quote