• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

I call it ?The Joke of the Neighborhood? 245 +T + more

So haven't done anything I planned on doing this summer! I collected parts that never got on the car! So I'm going to make it my goal to get this stuff installed before I go back to school!

Ipd GT strut braces
Ipd blue set of hoses
EBC redstuff break pads to keep the brake dust of the Polaris
0809110847.jpg

Parts to start fixing the damage:
Front set of ball joints
engine mounts
exhaust hangers

All i was able to installl this summer before I was rear ended was the IPD Cam Gear & Know Motorsport Kevlar Timing belt

I still have all the +T parts ready to go also :(

Last edited:
Joe, we talked about my private appraisal to get a stated amount on the insurance for my 242 right? I want to know more about these brake pads...! Ralph

Joe, we talked about my private appraisal to get a stated amount on the insurance for my 242 right? I want to know more about these brake pads...! Ralph

yepp we absolutely did, I am now in the process of that, we'll see how it goes!
I've been planning all these upgrades since this winter and only got around to the cam gear and timing belt, but the EBC red stuff is a ceramic break pad that cuts down on the break dust and gives the car much better stopping ability! I don't have the money for Brembo breaks or the IPD R conversion, so I think this is the next best step! I almost went with the Hawk HPS, but these EBC red stuff's proved to be more fitting for my +T

http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3070A0A0.aspx

Joe, you need to tell me all about that beautiful line drawing of your 245. Do you still have my email address? Ralph

DUDE! 8k is an awesome appraisal, well done!!
Thanks man, this car has been a lot of years and money in the making, hopefully it will show soon with this dam insurance company

Joe, you need to tell me all about that beautiful line drawing of your 245. Do you still have my email address? Ralph
I did a 242 also, it didn't take long at all! I'll be inserting these drawings in to my design sections for design class! I've actually want to start a new thread for Computer aided drawings of volvo's!

Here I'm sure you could use this for your 242:
242-1.jpg

That is one fine 245, has me thinking about getting one again.
That Never sounds like a bad idea

Last edited:
Haven't seen the damage, But if the car appraised at 8K it now should be fixable up to 70% of the value. Going through the exact same situation with the wife's Ocean Race XC. Your gettin Jacked Off !

:raincloud:

Thanks for the indirect comment clearly directed at me...

No not at all, its cars like this http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=100617, Cameron's Wagon, Bergen's car......ect ect ect
Not at all to say that my car reaches any where near that level, it's sad to see cars that make such a statement for the "240" parted and scrapped.

Haven't seen the damage, But if the car appraised at 8K it now should be fixable up to 70% of the value. Going through the exact same situation with the wife's Ocean Race XC. Your gettin Jacked Off !

I thought you have seen the damage in the pic's, at least you do body work for a living!

Nope, I'm going to wait as long as it takes to get it fixed! The insurance company will come around and realize they have to fix it! That is all I want for it to get fixed, I've put too much money time for it not to. THEN the +T is all ready to go, I have everything I need for it!

I understand what you're going through and it sucks. I also don't want to be rude but it could have been a lot worse, don't be so upset. The car still looks really good and is still totally driveable, hell, it still looks close to showroom. Continue your plans and be glad you didn't get hurt and that you don't have to be looking for a new car.

Sorry to hear about the damage. The longer it takes, generally the worse your chances of getting properly compensated are. I'm surprised this isn't done with yet. Frame damage sucks. It's really hard to have that fixed properly when you have high enthusiast standards need someone that knows what they are doing and the cars as well. Ask Kyle how happy he is after spending around $6k to have his front end fixed. :-(
Best of luck and if there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to ask.

Ralph, how much was it a month to have a 13k stated value on your car if it was garaged? I'm assuming you're an older geezer like me (compared to the teens here anyways) with little to no accidents/tickets?

Back