• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

18" OEM Pegasus Fitment on 940

scottn941

Greetings to all of you. I have located a reasonable deal on a set of OEM Pegasus rims, with tires. I plan on mounting these on the 940 Turbo. The tires are 235/40/18s, and yes, I have the 25mm H&R spacers. My question is, with 235s (the size used by the S60R), will that pose a problem fitting and traveling in the 940 wheel wells? Thanks.

Not much, but perhaps the offsets are slightly different. I live in an apartment building and don't have access to the equipment, otherwise I would have a long time ago. I'm guessing certainly someone on here has fitted 18 pegs on their RWD brick with 235s.

Last edited:
if its lowered a lot, you'll rub your fender liners to bits within a day, if its lowered, you'll need to roll the rear fenders to prevent rubbing, and you'll definitely want to change the front to 225 or so just for peace of mind.

So anyone: no, my car isn't lowered, will a 235/40/18 tire fit in the wheel well of a 940 with 25mm spacers? I'll start losing sleep over this, I swear :-(

Cassie had them on her 740 SE me thinks...PM her
She had 25mm adapters but 215/45-17 tires on 17" Pegs(46mm offset wheel). 235/45s would likely rub the strut tube on her car with only 25mm adapters. I'd recommend 32mm adapters for more clearance, but I can't say for 100% that they will be completely rub free.

Here are a few pics of my "test fit" with no tires. I need shorter coilover springs for the tire to clear the perch.

I have a 235/40R18 tire and it is just about flush with the perimeter of the wheel. I am gonna try to run 225's at first.

I PM'd Cassie a while ago and she was only running 205 or 215's (dont recall) with 25mm spacers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ZVOLVO - I don't have those huge struts, just a factory suspension.. You think I've got a chance? Of course, someday I will upgrade the suspension, but most of the main components were replaced JUST before I bought the car so I'm not spending the money for a while and by that time, can afford 225s or 215s, if necessary. I've sent a few messages to 940 owners running Pegs on their cars in Sweden; will post what I find out.

Edit: I was suggesting that you just risk it but I decided maybe that's really not the best idea. On the other hand, if it's a good deal, grab the wheels. There are always ways to make them work, you just might not be able to do it right away.

Last edited:
You can always stick some 5mm spacers on top of your adapters and call it good...

You can always stick some 5mm spacers on top of your adapters and call it good...

Haha.. yeah.. Either that or sell the two front tires.. Well it's $570 bucks for a set of near-perfect pegs (one has some minor curb rash) and tires with 8K on them, one of which is new.. I guess it'll be a wait-and-see.. If the rubbing is minimal, I can probably live with it for a while anyway.

iPd Peg replicas? Spaced to fit RWD...
And looking to be about the same price, new. I can understand the want for OEM though...

The problem with the RWD replicas is that they only come in 17.. Honestly, for the money it's just not as impressive to look at. I talked with several 940 owners over in Sweden running 18, and even 19" pegs on their cars, and they all told me the maximum width you can go is 225mm.

You can easily go wider than that. It's all about how low the car is, and how much work you may need to do in order to make them fit. There are people running around with 255mm tires on the back of stock 700/900s with minimal rubbing and fender rolling...

I've got 18" Pegs on my 960 (96) with 225/40/18's and I've been getting rubbing, not only on the inner fender but also on the strut!, just ordered some 5mm spacers so hopefully that should take care of it.

I passed on the Pegs. Money is too tight right now to be stuck with un-needed tires, especially with reports of even 225s rubbing. I'm going to go with 215s, which should give me enough room with no worries when the time is right.

Back