• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

944 Turbocharger Recommendations???

scottn941

Group - Turbo is toast on my 91 940SE at 175K. Indie says I can rebuild mine, or, I could buy new ($$), or used... what is my best bet, or, do any of you have recommendations for non-OEM? Thank you for your help! -Scott Nauert in St. Louis

I would go ahead and upgrade to a 15g or 16t. Everytime I go to the pic and pull I aways see them there. It would probably end up costing you the same as a rebuild kit so might as well upgrade.

I always walk by FWD's in the PnP, see a turbo stuck back behind the motor, and just keep on walking. They're out there. Do some research on what FWD's have what turbo's, get your wrenches, and go grab one.

What's the interchangeability of a 15g or 16t in place of a 13c?

What needs to be done (aside from re-clocking)?

maybe a little clearing out around the compressor to allow the larger compressor housing :-P Possibly a downpipe if the exhaust housing is not the same (conical, angled, or flat)... Otherwise I think they are all the same-ish.

Back