• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Kenny's 1990 740 GLE, goin' for 9's

junkyard scorez:
new q45 TB (although I might not need it.. I grabbed it just in case. gotta look at the linkage on mine & see whats up)
hood hinges, and a passenger mirror. might go swap them out this afternoon after going to the gym.

Those Q45 TBs are nice, but they are just ****ing monstrous. The coolant lines and that wonky triple-linkage don't exactly help.

no. the one I got this time is from a later car, has a cast elbow on it (that might actually work better for my app) and a second throttle plate. not sure if it's some kind of traction control device or warmup thing or just what it is, but it has it's own tps as well.

hm, something to google while I wait for scripts to finish running

it's a traction control mechanism. sweet, I'll just nuke it back into the stoneage and get sam to weld up the holes it leaves behind.

got my bellhousing today. SFI approved bling. looked at the new throttle body briefly, before settling in and working on an evo head for two and a half hours.

worked on the evo head again some more last night, it should be about done now. got tired of that, and started tearing down the engine so I can clean it, touch the block paint up, and hopefully re-assemble it this weekend. once the evo head is gone to the machine shop for deep cleaning, I can put the 16v head up on the bench, take it apart and clean it up (shouldn't take very long). would like to have the engine back together by the end of the month, but a large part of that is hinging on rsi getting my head studs out. if that's all I'm waiting for though, it won't be the end of the world.

still need to:
get injectors
get intercooler core
rebuild turbo
two wastegates
exhaust
put new flange on intake manifold
standoffs for fuel rail

going to be tight trying to get it back on the road for SE, but we'll see.

it's going to go down about like that actually. no pressure washer, but all the stuff is going to come out, carpet's gonna get steam cleaned, etc.

Back