• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

AW-7X flexplates

Ryan_R

Quick question:

Do AW-70/71's use a different flexplate depending on whether there's a lock-up converter or not? The lock-up and non- converters look very different in terms of how they mate to the flexplate, and the internets are showing me two different looking flexplates: one that's flat, and one that has a bit of a dish in it. VIDA is ambiguous.

The goal is to put the AW-70 from an '89 240 into a '91 Regina 740, so using the 240's Bosch flexplate is a no go.

Thanks!

-Ryan

This may not be exactly what you asked, but I am currently using a flexplate from a BW55 on my B21, with an AW-71L. The BW55 was a three-speed non-lockup box, and the lockup converter bolted right up to it without issue. I'd assume it would be the same for any AW-non-lockup box to lockup.

I put a lockup trans in my 95 940T using the existing flexplate, works fine.
I am 99% sure that the difference is the Regina plate has a different number of notches for the cps.

Thanks all!

I just got a little wigged out that I wasn't going to be able to get an engine from one 240, a trans from a different 240, and Regina flex plate to play nice.

FWIW, I've the Regina flex plate on a B234 right now, and the Regina and 1990 B234 flex plates are identical aside from the CPS notch count. Both are flat as a pancake with little notches cut out for the four TC mounting bosses. There seems to be a 2nd style LH flex plate for the non-lock-ups. Good to hear that they're interchangeable.

Thanks again!

-Ryan

Back