• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B230E turbo

Jonesyboi

Hello, currently starting my turbo-project. I am going to use B19ET/B21ET and B230FT parts for this project. I basically have:
-The B230E engine
-B230FT turbo manifold+turbo and IC
-With good luck a B21ET intake manifold
-All the pipes

But i am missing the fuel distributor whatever it is that i need from the turbo model. The non-turbo k-jet distributor won't work propely under boost, so it is supposed to be removed from the intake entirely and the turbo distributor be put to the turbo side of car(?) Also thinking how am i able to fit the IC pipes to B230E intake, prolly should use the B21ET intake for this project? Sorry for my bad english lol.

I would suggest you use more of the efi parts from the B230FT like the intake manifold and that way the pipes will work and you'll have efi which is more able to be tuned especially if you use LH2.4 or a standalone efi.

I would suggest you use more of the efi parts from the B230FT like the intake manifold and that way the pipes will work and you'll have efi which is more able to be tuned especially if you use LH2.4 or a standalone efi.

I've heard the B230E intake manifold is fine for a turbo, ofc i have to make the pipes myself but it isn't that big of a deal.

I am trying to stick with the k-jet :p Only thing i am worried about right now is getting it running properly under boost. I am unable to take the engine apart myself completely or lift it out, so i rather build around what i already have and i am not looking for a massive power increase, around 200hp is my goal, as it shouldn't stress the engine too much. The compression is quite high on B230E, so i'll probably go with 7-8psi for starters.

Hi Jonesyboi
There's a few things you could do using K-jet & later efi parts - these are a couple of ideas -
Use the K-jet intake with welded in bungs for the later injectors/fuel rail assembly - need to block off the k-jet injector holes in the head & fab brackets for the fuel rail.
Use the K-jet intake & newer thinner or long nose injectors in the K-jet injector hole - can use k-jet injector bolts to hold bracket for (slightly modified) stock fuel rail & may need to widen injector holes.
Lots of people have done these things - I went the new injectors in the k-jet holes - but if you have a look on the forum you should find something to suit you.

Hi Jonesyboi
There's a few things you could do using K-jet & later efi parts - these are a couple of ideas -
Use the K-jet intake with welded in bungs for the later injectors/fuel rail assembly - need to block off the k-jet injector holes in the head & fab brackets for the fuel rail.
Use the K-jet intake & newer thinner or long nose injectors in the K-jet injector hole - can use k-jet injector bolts to hold bracket for (slightly modified) stock fuel rail & may need to widen injector holes.
Lots of people have done these things - I went the new injectors in the k-jet holes - but if you have a look on the forum you should find something to suit you.

Going to use the stock intake manifold and injectors for now, need to get it running reliably first. I thought about removing the whole k-jet unit from under the intake and put it next to the turbo like it is on stock k-jet turbos and the piping from IC straight into the throttlebody. Would that work? If i am unable to find the k-jet fuel distributor, how can i get the car running under boost?

What about an extra efi injector with a pressure switch to supply extra fuel when in boost? Weld it in the intake or something. Then you can leave the stock k-jet stuff alone.

If using the K-jet NA intake with EFI bungs welded in, you will need a B234 fuel rail to clear the FPR from the #1 intake runner. All details shown in my DD build thread.

I'd strongly suggest an engine control upgrade to MS2; get Tuner Studio on your PC and follow recs. From MSExtra. Discard the dinosaur Kjet management...... and you will learn much more from the MS conversion than you can imagine.

poiki unless you are forced to retain K-jet by some odd rule, you are creating very difficult problems for yourself that really you don't have to...Finns have the best educational system in the world for a whole country..Only Singapore and Shanghai sometimes do better..

Voluntarily sticking with K-jet is something we'd expect from somebody where the educational system and logic and reasoning are all '' prokken'' as Tomi might say.

So many other choices and the great benefit of electroic management is you control ALL of the important things at once: fuel accurately...ignition accurately and boost control accurately.

Be smart...sure its expensive but f**king with K-jet will be more expensive in the long run for no benefits.

Well let's say i have to obey that odd rule and stick with the k-jet and forget about everything else :D The fuel distributor and control pressure regulator are really hard to find here in Finland, might have some luck on swedish Volvo-forums but i cannot find any from my country. Was thinking about finding the distributor from an Saab 99 Turbo, as it should work just fine. But i am not so sure about the CPR, the NA:s CPR will absolutely not work with turbo, going to run lean under boost. If i can find the distributor and cpr, i think i am going to get it running quite good. Does the CPR have to be from a Volvo or can i use a Saab-made CPR?

Well let's say i have to obey that odd rule and stick with the k-jet and forget about everything else :D The fuel distributor and control pressure regulator are really hard to find here in Finland, might have some luck on swedish Volvo-forums but i cannot find any from my country. Was thinking about finding the distributor from an Saab 99 Turbo, as it should work just fine. But i am not so sure about the CPR, the NA:s CPR will absolutely not work with turbo, going to run lean under boost. If i can find the distributor and cpr, i think i am going to get it running quite good. Does the CPR have to be from a Volvo or can i use a Saab-made CPR?

Fuel distributor for euro models should be same..80mm airflow door...6 cylinder fuel head drilled and tapped for 4 cylinders..
The warm up regulator with manifold reference is the thing that should go with turbo engine..There I would look for Audi parts which looks like this:
Slider_07-980x380.jpg

Or
Mercedes-Bosch-warm-up-regulator-control-pressure-K-Jetronic-0438140103.jpg

The big problem is full load enrichment and the "fuel slope"...how much it gets richer as boost and revs go up...
There are ways to make it work but it would be experient..
There's something called I think "spark electrode machining"...or something like that..What I was told sometime last century was the slits inside the fuel head can be made tapered so as the Control rod drops the slit is wider and you get more fuel..
See the thing at the bottom..that may be VWs K-e verson but the idea is same..the slots even look a little tapered...
ay3hgw.png

Self torture will drive you to drink..Too much kossu make you crazy.

But you said you don't have to stick to any motorsport rules, so why would you want to? I like K-jet myself, but it does get complicated with turbo and running more boost.

Back