• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 IRS II Rear Coilovers Part 1: Boy, I sure hope this works

I mean ya it's technically in single shear, but its not like its just hanging off a bolt, it's a phatty 19 mm pin thinger. It's hasn't busted off yet. And I don't know what you're talking about, they only weigh like 5lbs, psh.

Waiting for it to ovalize the hole in the control arm then?

It's not like we have any other option on the 960 is it?, it's either convert it this way or leave it stock.

Do you have pictures of the CAR after the suspension mods? What sort of driveability did this produce? What about the ride height? How adjustable is it?

Me next.

52739078.jpg

edit:// here you go, friend: http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=52060

Do you have the dimensions of your machined spacers? What about the math for your rates? Would you care to post the formulas? Need Moar Info!

The math can all be found in most of the Millikin & Millikin books, like Racer Vehicle Dynamics Racecar Vehicle Dynamics, Tune To Win by Carol Smith, etc. What I've been more interested in is the data behind it that I simply haven't had the time to measure myself. Component weights, motion ratios, camber/toe arcs relative to travel, etc.

Why did you need spacers when you fitted the 450 springs and not just fit longer springs , I've got 180lb on gaz coilovers which are too soft, may try a set of 450s,could always use them at the front if they are too stiff

Steel bushings in both SAE and Metric sizes are available at my local small town hardware store. Maybe you could have found something that would fit.

It sounds crazy but that top shock bolt on my nivomat car got torn out after it was switched to air shocks. Not sure if it relates to the spring rate but it was unpleasant to repair...

Back