• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 M47 won't go into any gear

I have my m47 and b230ft out of my 240, and the m47 was working flawlessly, even while it was on the floor in my garage it would still go into gears and everything just fine, then when I finally started to try and put it in the b230ft a few times, the shifter magically won't shift into any gear and is feeling really tight and stuck? I don't know what could have happened.

I figured it out but now my m47 wont shift normal and i cant tighten the two upper bellhousing bolts.

Theres a selector shaft that goes into the bellhousing from the trans itself, and it was rubbing against its little dimple/hole in the bellhousing causing it to rub and not want to move. So now I'm at a point where it shifts normal ish, but i cant tighten the top two bellhousing bolts without essentially siezing the trans

Did you have the bell housing separated from the transmission? That is when the problem might have happened. Seems from your description the bell housing isn't centered on the trans. The four bolts that hold the bell housing to the trans needed to be loosened and then tightened evenly to let the end of the shaft move properly.

Did you have the bell housing separated from the transmission? That is when the problem might have happened. Seems from your description the bell housing isn't centered on the trans. The four bolts that hold the bell housing to the trans needed to be loosened and then tightened evenly to let the end of the shaft move properly.
I think it needs the gasket for proper spacing too, rtv won't work.

Back