• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

July 13-14th: Tail of the Dragon Run, Western NC

propav8r

F*ck Edgar
You heard right!

Facebook Page

This July 13th-14th, a few of us NC Tbrickers are planning on hanging out at the Tail of the Dragon.

dragon-map.jpg

We'll be camping at Fontana Village Campground, about 5 minutes from the Dragon, and directly below the dam. Pretty cool spot. Camping is $20-$30/night. I STRONGLY recommend making campground reservations in advance. You can reserve a spot online HERE. Select the camping option you'd like from the drop-down menu. As of now, it shows plenty of availability, but those spots fill up fast, especially the week or so before.

IMPORTANT: When you make a reservation, on the final screen, there's a place for Special Requests. Put "Turbobricks Volvo Group" in that box so we can get a group of campsites together.

Anyhow, bring your brick, bring your tent, bring your beer. It'll be a great time for all!

General plan is as follows:

Saturday Afternoon:
  • Arrive at Fontana, set up camp. Maybe drive around the area some (lots of great roads besides the Dragon...Cherohala Skyway anybody?
  • Hang out and grill/shoot the sh*t.
  • If nobody's too drunk, maybe we'll make a midnight Dragon run. It's SO HARDCORE in the dark

Sunday:
  • Wake up to the sound of revving tractor motors
  • Make a few Dragon runs
  • Enjoy lunch at one of the restaurants at the Dragon (Burgers, BBQ, stuff like that)
  • Make excuses about why we won't make SE over lunch
  • Pack up, head out

Last edited:
So worth it. Head out Friday afternoon, get a cheap hotel halfway, and it won't be so bad.

I used to drive from NC back to Va every weekend when I was in school, so i'd probably just try to do it in one shot.That would make for some drowsy dragon driving however. Perhaps I can find a co-pilot.

When you make the reservation, you don't choose a spot. I can call later today and talk to someone in reservations and try and block off an area for us. They're usually pretty good about that.

Edit//I just made my reservation. At the final screen, there's a place for comments and special requests. Just type "Turbobricks Volvo Group" in the box, and I'll tell them to look for those reservations, and block the sites off.

Make sure you get there early for a drive. It gets pretty busy during the summer.
Double check everything in your drivetrain & suspension prior to going. I highly recommend making this trip. It was an amazing drive.

Photo of me from last October

176453_10151326353758140_1676068409_o.jpg

well my sorry ass and the 940s is gonna try to make it and by try i mean ill be leaving my hose and hope it make it there without breaking down.

was gonna try and head that way this summer to hang out in Cullowhee....now I have another reason to swap out the ball joints and tie rod ends....and have a good place to test the new ones out!

Havent ridden ToD since 1994 in an '85 911...probably gonna be a different ride in the 245...

Back