• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Rebuild tach on 145, anyone have experience?

jnvolvo

31443td.jpg

Anyone rebuilt one of these?

Mine needs a new window but its also horribly imprecise. Wonder if anyone has experience at cracking one open?

I'm not the guru here, but I've never seen one of those? I thought the factory add on tach was round... that might be an aftermarket unit

I don't believe Volvo ever sold that tachometer.

The Volvo add on tachometer for a pre-1973 140/164 looked like this.

TachNOS140.jpg

:nod: raw dog it

That's how I've been driving mine. I come from the ACVW world, where nothing ever had or gets a tach, though the speedo was marked with shift markers for redline.

I've figured out that 25 in first is loud enough to shift, 45 in second (if accelerating hard), run third for a little bit, then drop to 4th for anything beyond 60 for extended periods of time.

When I first started driving it, I googled the trans ratios to do rough calculations on shift points, and the M40 ratios are pretty funny.

1st 3.13
2nd 1.99
3rd 1.359
4th 1.00

But I digress.

That's how I've been driving mine. I come from the ACVW world, where nothing ever had or gets a tach, though the speedo was marked with shift markers for redline.

I've figured out that 25 in first is loud enough to shift, 45 in second (if accelerating hard), run third for a little bit, then drop to 4th for anything beyond 60 for extended periods of time.

When I first started driving it, I googled the trans ratios to do rough calculations on shift points, and the M40 ratios are pretty funny.

1st 3.13
2nd 1.99
3rd 1.359
4th 1.00

But I digress.

That's way more work than I would ever put into it. :lol:

I just drive everything by sound and ignore the tach anyway.

I just thought this was kind of a neat add on.

Looks like a cool old tache I'm thinking j.c. whitney redline gauge works can rebuild it to look like new with modern movements

Back