• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The 75 242 DL

Thanks everyone. Means a lot.

I don't know how I missed this thread until now. As everyone else has said this is really top work and inspirational to read through!

You should drive it up to Montecito for cars and coffee on the 20th. Lots of Volvos are coming down from SLO.

Colin

I'll see if I can make it. Sounds like fun.

I'm loving this build man! Just the inspiration that I need, along with a few others, for my 142 that I just brought home last night! Question: what car did the m45 blower come off of? I had an old Jackson Racing supercharger kit on my '96 Civic (yes, I was once a Honda buy, but this was back in 1998,) and I really liked the linear powerband. Think the m45 will be enough volume? I know on the J/R kits, they sometimes went up to the M60 on bigger displacement motors that had better airflow characteristics.

-Ben

The blower is from a Mercedes c230. It's the m45version i believe, so it should be just the right match for the 2.0l b20. Only going for a reliable increase in power. Nothing crazy. This car is my daily driver actually. If it does come down to needing more, then I'll grab an m60. But it should be fun enough ;)

Last edited:
Not much happing on it right now.

The guy doing the pulley machining said it will be done sometime around the beginning of May (not sure yet).

Working on the v70r right now.

Boost gauge is in now. Ready to boost!

I took out the original blue seats to protect them.

Not to mention these sparco are a lot more comfortable and supportive.

Love the alcantara leather shifter boot from HiPerformanceAuto

Also put in the Volvo all weather mats I bought from someone on here last year...

Last edited:
Car is officially registered now. Finally...

I hate the plate number. doing custom plates for the car.
I wish they still did the custom blue plates. only black/yellow and white/blue plates.

Get black/yellow vanity plates, paint them blue, wipe off the yellow letters with acetone. Bam. Blue/yellow plates.

There is still back seat access with the sparco seats. They are very narrow shell. Skinny to regular sized females only ;)

Under powered motor... Do no want to pull the extra weight. Hahahaha.

Very nice! Is this thing making it to IPD?

Too close to another trip, so I can't make ipd garage sale this year.

I will definitely try for next year.

Edit:
I might be able to head up to ipd this year. I would like to finish the Red v70R also and bring that with.

ADDING imgs.

Last edited:
Back