• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Did I pay too much?

The rake IS nice. . .

It looks freakin' great, just something seems off with the wheels. Not saying it's bad. . .

either a tid bit lower in the front, or a bit more tire in the rear and it'd be sex!

Hi

The same wheels I had on my 740 only a inch bigger and my wheels where 8.5 inchs wide.
21519480002_large.jpg

I have still got them one has a bend on the inside that I have to get repaired

Very cool, so what are the big plans for this one?

No big plans for this one. It'll be my daily driver so will remain more or less stock. Just Stage 0 will take a little work...

Yeah, I guess grandma's dont paint the grille and have aftermarket wheels.

It was that way when she bought it 10 years ago and, while she could be a grandma, I somehow doubt it. High five to her personal trainer though...:oogle:

It's a '90. I have all the receipts from new including the original lease agreement papers. The original owner spent a ton of money on it. The body kit is a genuine Volvo accessory kit as is the rear decklid spoiler. It's got IPD sway bars. He paid $500 to have someone do the exhaust system. No, it's not 3". Downpipe is stock. A pretty solid car though. No strange noises, other than from the engine bay. Fewer rattles than our 960.

I like everything about the car but the wheels lol. They look too modern for the design of the car to my eyes.

That said, if you dig them, then rock on!

Well...one thing led to another and...

July242010006.jpg

July242010010.jpg

:lol:

The slider pin in the passenger caliper was seized so rather than spend money on a new caliper, I decided to use a few bits I had laying around...:-P

Found that the Wilwood caliper wanted to remove the stick-on wheel weights on the Blades so I tossed the white wheels on for now. I didn't really want to run the Blades all summer with the new winter tires on them so this'll work fine for now. I'll keep my eyes open for some nice looking calipers at PnP and when the snow flies I'll go back to the stock calipers and rotors and the Blades...

Nice car Dale. Not a bad price for it either! What kind of body kit is on the car?

The body kit is a genuine Volvo accessory kit as is the rear decklid spoiler.
;-)

It's going to need an engine and transmission before too long, I think. The knock doesn't instill a lot of confidence. The transmission has a tailshaft bushing problem; as in it doesn't really do anything but leak fluid. The brilliant husband of the lady I bought it from thought it would be a good idea to fill it until fluid was coming out of the dipstick tube. I suspect that has something to do with the violent 1-2 shift. I'll drain it, replace the t/s bushing and fill it with the correct amount of fluid. Hopefully that will fix the problem. If not, there are a variety of M46 transmissions around...

Last edited:
Back