• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

T9u9yaOl.jpg

Been a busy couple weeks with work and personal life, so I've stalled out on the 242. Got the driveshaft installed and the header downpipes fabricated.

UyQZqV5.jpg

ZdssaxJ.jpg

Also, made a stupid financial decision and purchased this 86 744Tic from Copart for $250.

Having owned a grandpa series I will say this: new rubber bushings everywhere except for stay rods, which are best with poly; reinforce rear subframe. Bilstein HDs all around and leave stock springs. Truetrac and a 940T 24mm front bar.

Low 740s are meh from a driving standpoint

Having owned a grandpa series I will say this: new rubber bushings everywhere except for stay rods, which are best with poly; reinforce rear subframe. Bilstein HDs all around and leave stock springs. Truetrac and a 940T 24mm front bar.

Low 740s are meh from a driving standpoint

Sounds right up my alley. I've had really low cars in the past and they can be fun, but I love having cars that you can 100% take anywhere.

Once I stage 0 the 740, I'll start keeping my eye out for used suspension bits, I'm gonna try and keep this one on a budget

No updates in a while, life has been busy.

Me and three buddies moved into a 4k sqft shop with a warehouse and two offices

MaFaPGLl.jpg

E6fKappl.jpg

lHnNEuel.jpg

Now that I have some real space to work I'm gonna hop back into the 242. Really just been slacking :/

Wow I am straight up jealous of that shop space! That would cost a fortune out here in SoCal..

Love the work on the car, mine is at a very similar stage to yours and I can't wait to be able to drive the thing.

I’ve been wondering what you’ve been up to, look forward to seeing more progress. Congrats on the shop and space!

Wow I am straight up jealous of that shop space! That would cost a fortune out here in SoCal..

Love the work on the car, mine is at a very similar stage to yours and I can't wait to be able to drive the thing.

We got lucky on this one, its actually cheaper than our current shop thats 1/3rd of the size.

I can't wait to get it driving too, just want to do everything right which is a positive and negative haha

I?ve been wondering what you?ve been up to, look forward to seeing more progress. Congrats on the shop and space!

Truthfully, I've been enjoying my 744Tic a lot lately. Its nice having something fun and cheap to drive/tinker with... The 242 just requires a boatload of money any time I want to do anything to it. And thanks, I'm super excited to be in this new shop! Hows your 242 going?

Alright, all moved in to our new shop. So much more room, its been motivating me to work on the 242.

dggD5nAl.jpg

Chiseled out a bunch of the sound deadening, used a wire wheel, and sprayed it with rust inhibitor. There wasn't any holes, but there was some rust, so better safe than sorry.

Jtdt9Ial.jpg

Finally pulled the rear seat and carpet. Before.

IMxlBQfl.jpg

After. I wanted to swap the carpet to black but I can do that later, and the stock brown is in good enough condition.

KH9f9Ydl.jpg

Bought this good condition black dashboard for $70, has two cracks but its better than my stock brown dash.

VDlHUGYl.jpg

There were two perfect bolt holts on the dash cross member to mount the Holley Terminator X ECU. The supplied power tap cable is more than long enough to run back to a buttcheek mounted battery, and I'll have lots of length to spare for the underhood harness.

CfhpdvWl.jpg

Finally... I was playing around with a shopmates wheels and jacked this Work VS-KF up into the wheel well. This really convinced me to try and find a set, maybe not as aggressive fitment but I really like how they look. We'll see, wheels/appearance stuff is wayyy down the line.

Truthfully, I've been enjoying my 744Tic a lot lately. Its nice having something fun and cheap to drive/tinker with... The 242 just requires a boatload of money any time I want to do anything to it. And thanks, I'm super excited to be in this new shop! Hows your 242 going?

It?s covered up for the winter, wishing I had a 3 car garage or shop so I could continue. I have plenty of small things to work on to keep me busy this winter though. Nice to see you making more progress on yours.

It?s covered up for the winter, wishing I had a 3 car garage or shop so I could continue. I have plenty of small things to work on to keep me busy this winter though. Nice to see you making more progress on yours.

I saw your polishing progress on the intake, I like that idea a lot. Good little thing to keep you busy inside too

Back