• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1996 Volvo 850R Manual (NZ)

DFF53

1996 850R
B5234T4
M59
Olive Green / Charcoal
After 6 years of lusting after this car, i finally own it.
My beloved 244 run a bearing and while waiting for the car to be fixed , i bought a 1997 Mazda Capella Estate, which blessed me with three months of automatic agony. I found this car for sale again and this time i could afford it (just don't ask how much). Did i mention it is a factory manual gearboxed car? This is the only manual R or T5-R car i myself have ever seen for sale in the last 6 years in NZ. Pictures soon.
_DSC1209.jpg

_DSC1212.jpg

_DSC1214.jpg

_DSC1218.jpg

_DSC1219.jpg

_DSC1220.jpg

_DSC1221.jpg

_DSC1225.jpg

_DSC1226.jpg

_DSC1227.jpg

_DSC1204.jpg

_DSC1202.jpg
[/

Still going fine after 3 years of ownership with the usual 19 year old car foibles. With the following replaced, ignition coil, knock and cam sensors, fuel pump, boost control solenoid, PCV of course (though I caught this too late after it caused so high crankcase pressure that the oil cooler line in the radiator ruptured, so had it replaced with a new genuine radiator). She still runs like a dream. A recent pic.
FBL953.png

Looks great in green.

We got manuals in Canada. I unfortunatly have an auto 96 red R. But it's getting pretty easy to get the swap stuff.

Gorgeous car, I'm jealous.

Although after 3 years you should probably fix the headlight wiper. hehehe.

Gorgeous car, I'm jealous.

Although after 3 years you should probably fix the headlight wiper. hehehe.

Unfortunately the R has been in hibernation since September. Will definitley get on to fixing the that lol. Dont really notice it till i take pics. If all is well she will be up and running again in April need to sort ot the cambelt betwenn now and then.

Hey DFF53, what happened to your 245, 244 and 744? Still got them? Still around Auckland? Get in touch! :p

Mate, 764 turbo got parted for the engine for my brothers yellow 245. Good thing we did too as the jacking point on it collapsed when we started the dismantling, rused through the floor. Unfortunately not much progress on the 245 since the car' sills were completely rusted through. Project for some time in the future when my bro decides to pull his finger.. The same can be said for me in regards to my silver 244, (10 years since i bought her this 21st March) rust isnt too bad on this one though still havent decided if i want to tune the redblock or drop a Falcadore v8 in it. Doesnt help that i started restoring a sprint a couple of years ago, not too much rust around the car but where there is, its bad. Got a alfa 156 v6 manual as my summer car, though it broke before summer's even ended. So it goes on... i take it you're a kiwi too?

Indeed I am, and a genuine bonafide multiple generation JAFA, too.

I just bought a 244 with run bearing for a parts car for my 245 :-) Funds are tight right now, though, so not much going on with any of the fleet.

Keen to come and check out your stash of Volvos some time if you're up for it.

LOL @ the alfa, that's all those things do, look beautiful and give more trouble than the proverbial. I don't think the wife heard me type that, I may survive the evening.

Fred.

Very nice wagon! I'm currently on the hunt for one. Please let me know if you come across anything or want to sell! I'm in Auckland.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Hi jonnyony

Are you still after a Volvo 850R wagon? I have a 1996 Volvo 850R Wagon Red. (86,000kms). I searched long and hard for one of these until importing mine. I have never seen one in NZ with such low kms. Automatic. This car is fully complied with a brand new WOF and Rego for a year. The body and interior is immaculate apart from the front lip on the bumper. I suspect that this was damaged in transit. Easy fix. Just needs to be resprayed and I will do it at my cost if someone is keen to buy it. Near new tyres. Just serviced. I have not listed it on Trademe yet. Only received it a few days ago. But due to change of circumstances since buying it, I cant keep the car. I am after $16500. This car will only appreciate in value and If you are keen drop me a line. I am away this weekend but will be back home by Tuesday. We live in Oamaru.

Back