• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vancity Volvos

Didn't make it to Empire until today. Volvo selection there isn't great. 4 740s, none turbo, one had an OK interior (now missing a speaker grille), the others were pretty trashed inside. One 850, and one or two S-whatevers (I don't know newer Volvo's well). No 240s that I saw.

Was on Saturna Island for the weekend and saw this baby:

Didn't get a chance to stalk the owner and find if it's local or just passing through, but looked pretty clean. A bit of rust along the top of the driver's rear rocker, but no clear-coat fail, and the interior was complete. I never buy the same car twice but I do miss my 240 more than anything else I've owned.

Also, someone drag this home, fix it up, and sell it to me:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/cto/5163473331.html
01111_bpC3aywg0Cw_600x450.jpg

Also, look who's BaT-famous!
http://bringatrailer.com/2015/08/10/turbo-16v5-speed-swapped-1968-volvo-145s/
1968-Volvo-145S-Front.jpg

GLWS. Love this car but can't swing it.

Someone save this:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/5194129920.html

00H0H_gQvwEnvrqQG_600x450.jpg

1990 red 245 wagon

This car will go to BC scrap it by the end of the month.

My wife can't drive manual and I can't rationalize having a car that we both can't drive. I love driving this car, but with two toddlers I can't leave her at home with a car she can't drive if something were to happen to the kids.

There are a few issues - all fixable and pretty minor for a 24 year old car:

Back window washer does not work (wiper works)

Hatch and left rear door do not power lock (they do power UNlock)

Small leak in the brake line near master cylinder (I add a little fluid every 6 months) about $200 to fix

position 1 of the fan does not work only 2,3 and 4. no squeals on the fan.

heater blower works, but the switch has slipped so you only use it in the bottom 1/3 of the range. it's full on hot after that, but you can get both hot and cold.

i just power washed the driveway this spring and i don't see any drips on it so i think we are good for no leak status.

map pocket on drivers side is cracked

Clock will not keep time when the engine is off (caps are bad)

clip for drivers sun visor is broken (no effect)

It has an updated Panasonic radio over the original in dash radio.

I have a few options that I bought but never installed: power/heated mirrors, ambient temp gauge. Spare hood hinge. Comes with a full set of winter tires on rims. Wired trailer hitch for hauling and interior cargo capacity that is better than a minivan - 6 feet long for sleeping if you like.

condition: good
cylinders: 4 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 288000
paint color: red
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: wagon

"position 1 of the fan does not work only 2,3 and 4. no squeals on the fan."

Shhh, don't tell him that's how they are supposed to work and get him to know the price down another $100...

I want to rescue them all. We should get the Vancouver crew together and rent a warehouse for wrenching/storing.

M.

damn, good miles, 5spd and wagon! probably needs the usual oil leak and electrical stuff tho, and at the moment costs too much.
800-1000 would sell that. I really need more space.

Back