• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Boosted on a budget

Those wheels are ****ing baller

Preciate it!

looks awesome

how loud is that rear shade

Thanks. The rear blinds you mean? They don?t make any noise. Look good too imo.

whoa.. the whole car is a hit in the face all over the place!! so nice!

Thanks mane. I did a lot of off the wall stuff. Just sent it fingers crossed. I love it.

I need a cross member so I can section it to slam the front lower.

IMG_6108-M.jpg

So this is the guy with the car that invades my explore page on IG...

Just kidding, love this thing man can't believe it took me this long to see this thread

So this is the guy with the car that invades my explore page on IG...

Just kidding, love this thing man can't believe it took me this long to see this thread

Lol. I quit using #?s because I received some hate messages about how people are tired of seeing it. Oh well.

Interesting...ETA on them and any sneak peeks?

ETA: tryna save up some funds to finish them. Quite costly
Sneak peeks: hmm... 17x 9.5 et10 that?s it for now

Hopefully I can sell some stuff and get the money to have the machining done.

Its sad to visit this thread. However, I have been getting a lot of questions about the shortened engine cross member so I figured I would share with everyone on how I mutilated, ruined, and jeopardized the safety of the car..:)

First I welded a straight round bar across in order to keep some type of precise measurement. Then I measured down and made the cut:
ytyAiSc.jpg

Then I leveled it out and welded some steel plate:
5euaKR4.jpg

M4XmynA.jpg

Then I placed the bar with the stock part that was removed on top of the welded plate and made marks for the bolts. I drilled and welded a nut to the bottom side and then painted it with some $100 spray paint:
10shGWm.jpg

CEAebtC.jpg

After that, I loosened the steering column U-joint bolts to allow any adjustments that raising the engine higher made:
2rde7Ay.jpg

BVlaUON.jpg

And that was it. No problems. Steers great and allowed me to lay out the frame and also aided in not hitting the oil pan on anything while driving lowered.
C2rpdAH.jpg

Another update. I was hit by a semi truck December 5th and it was about 2 weeks after when I heard some really bad noises in the engine compartment. I found the AMM dangling off and noticed oil in the inlet to turbo, so I started to remove everything. I emptied about 1 quart of oil out of the intercooler. I couldn't turn the turbine by my fingers at all. Further investigating lead me to a pinched hose from the Catch Can. My assumption is that the hose was pinched so the crank case pressures did not allow the oil drain to actually drain the oil from the turbo. Chain reaction; turbo locked up.

After all the clean up, I pulled the Amazon turbo manifold off of the shelf (I have had it for some time and a friend Daniel Saleniuc flipped the flange and added an external wastegate mount) and installed it. I ended up buying a cheaper turbo from Amazon based off of some research and reviews. This will do just fine until I get the Holset rebuilt with the T51R mod.

Here it is mounted:
XIzz2Hh.jpg

I ended up sanding all the casting divots and molding lines out and polished it. I am going to be gold candy powder coating it shortly. I have been powder coating everything. its way easier then painting and its tough as ****!
atrYunK.jpg

jZJ6yFT.jpg

I enjoy polishing, but polishing a turbo is a chore. I will never do this again.

And since I am stuck at home on lockdown, why not share with you all what I have been up to...

I am sure you all know Taras, aka 5x108 Heavy Weight, aka Swedish Metal... Super cool dude and contributor to the Volvo community. Well I have been working with him lately and refurbishing some wheels. Check him out if you're ever looking for a great deal and some clean wheels. They are all 5x108 too which is great.

I built a wheel spinning machine a while back and started back up polishing wheels again:

xif4f0y.jpg

eaTFpgM.jpg

rZdkqUK.jpg

PpMKTfv.jpg

CRiheFp.jpg

ZNNi8pw.jpg

wU8fw9r.jpg

sxXX9TY.jpg

73kNZAx.jpg

kMPmNMY.jpg

qnfQOay.jpg

Ok, im done posting random **** for the day. Hope you are all staying safe and trying to enjoy life as much as possible. Cheers!

I’m still waiting on money to machine the registers and redrill to 5x108. Once that’s done I’ll be able to chrome them and put them together. Hopefully soon. But none of these wheels are what I will be running.

The machine is just a motor and stepped pulley that spins the wheel on a hub. I can upload some pix for you.

Picked up a new radiator. I was wanting do get one of those cool shrouds for it but I had this idea to try and make one with an old road sign I have had for some time. I use a GhettoFab homemade metal brake but it ended up snapping the metal at the bends... Not sure why. I ended up picking up some metal U channels from the local hardware store and screwing it to it. Not the best but it will do for now. I sanded the sign with the only grit I had left which was 320 and then polished it to the best of my ability. Its definitely not show quality but one day I will redo it with the correct sanding stages. So here it is:

5V1AoQb.jpg

qKEBdw4.jpg

RrvCFTX.jpg

gQCnY5k.jpg

Im not too thrilled with it but like I said, it will do for now.

Back