home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2018, 09:17 PM   #26
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
there's an off the shelf pump you can get that is already spaced out... why add something else to leak?
Cause I'm using these spacers for 2 years now with out leakage. What vehicle is this non spaced out water pump with shorter pulley and has the output on the passenger side that I'm not remembering?
__________________
93 245 LS Engine Swap Project
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:22 PM   #27
cosbySweater
Board Member
 
cosbySweater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Monterey/Falun
Default

You can also hack off the bottom of the truck bracket. Hog out the holes and flip it sideways and use a 68 inch belt. Ugly as hell but it works as well. Just use the stock truck tensioner
__________________
1979 Volvo 244DL 6.0/4l80e,8.8,Ms3x goldbox ecu and Mircrosquirt tcu, GTX4202r, 228/230cam, tbss intake, 11.4@123mph 9psi
1991 Volvo 245, Efan conversion, tcam, 4.10s, Aw71L
1982 Ford Fairmont Futura, 4.8/th400, 8.8, mircrosquirt, 7875 turbo, 228/230 cam, Project Cheap Thrills

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricktop420 View Post
Thank you very much everybody... i now feel sufficiently retarded and will go cry in the corner...
cosbySweater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 PM   #28
2turbotoys
Salaminizer
 
2turbotoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reading pa
Default

Thanks for all the answers..so many options. This is why I love TB and posted here instead of a random LSX forum.
__________________
1979 242 B21 on MS, waiting on L33
1991 740t RIP at 320K, dam rust...
2006 V50 T5 AWD Eurosport Tuning Stage 1 kit, downpipe, intercooler
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #29
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
 
Pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NoVA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2turbotoys View Post
Thanks for all the answers..so many options. This is why I love TB and posted here instead of a random LSX forum.
Although I really like LS1Tech Hybrids & Conversion forum... But, it has been infiltrated by perfectionists with too much money. There is a delicate balance between Sloppy and Perfect($). Aim for the middle on a budget. LS engines just work, don't overthink it.
__________________
#79WDP
2006 XC70 Wagon - "Chuck Feo" - Daughters ride - stock
1992 965 - "Savage Wagon" w LS 5.3 LM7 + LS7 cam + GM T5 swap in progress.
1983 Jeep Cherokee - LS 5.3 LM7 + LS9 cam + SM465 swap in progress
1971 Chevy C-10 w 5.3 LS (LS2 cam) & GM T5 trans
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:18 AM   #30
linuxman51
BRANDSCHUTZVORSCHRIFTEN!
 
linuxman51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: mont, AL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas240 View Post
Cause I'm using these spacers for 2 years now with out leakage. What vehicle is this non spaced out water pump with shorter pulley and has the output on the passenger side that I'm not remembering?
part number is in my 940 thread somewhere.




not sure why you'd want a passenger side outlet since all the volvo radiators are on the driver's side.

ah here it is ACDelco 251-734. truck spaced accessories. went through a lot of trouble to keep the truck spacing, and I really couldn't tell you why I did that other than a/c and a lack of suitable bracket choices at the time. or maybe it was something to do with the brackets and a new crank pulley, I'm not sure. that info may be in the build thread.
__________________
"They bum rushed them in their own crib, they drank all their beer, they partied with their ladies and they left with the trophy"

Now with in-house Dyno tuning!

Megasquirt Tuning!
Plug and play LH 2.4 Megasquirt, now with stealth mode!
linuxman51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #31
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxman51 View Post
part number is in my 940 thread somewhere.




not sure why you'd want a passenger side outlet since all the volvo radiators are on the driver's side.

ah here it is ACDelco 251-734. truck spaced accessories. went through a lot of trouble to keep the truck spacing, and I really couldn't tell you why I did that other than a/c and a lack of suitable bracket choices at the time. or maybe it was something to do with the brackets and a new crank pulley, I'm not sure. that info may be in the build thread.
Because the pulley setup I'm getting for my supercharger is in the way of that drivers output.
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #32
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
 
Pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NoVA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas240 View Post
Because the pulley setup I'm getting for my supercharger is in the way of that drivers output.
F Body or 2010+ Camaro SS water pump will work then as the output is on the passenger side.

... I thought 240s had more hood clearance? If so the stock Truck WP will work, but you need the truck intake manifold to match. (LS1/LS6 short intake manifolds do not work with the Truck WP)
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #33
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
F Body or 2010+ Camaro SS water pump will work then as the output is on the passenger side.

... I thought 240s had more hood clearance? If so the stock Truck WP will work, but you need the truck intake manifold to match. (LS1/LS6 short intake manifolds do not work with the Truck WP)
your missing my point. F body water pump the pulley is thicker and takes up space, Camaro SS output is on the drivers side
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:14 PM   #34
240wagonguy
Board Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Weare, NH
Default

2008+ silverado water pump if you want the output on passenger side
__________________
1985 740GLE sedan winter beater Cali car.
240wagonguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 PM   #35
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
 
Pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NoVA
Default

My bad on the 2010+SS it is drivers side.

I am using the F Body WP and it seems thin enough for a 960 swap. BUT you are correct that the pulley snout seems 2-3" farther out than it needs to be compared with the crank pulley.

IIRC I may have had to stick with the LS1 WP due to the Truck based accessories even with the ICT Billet kit.
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #36
Pillow
Sleazebag 7-9 Owner
 
Pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NoVA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240wagonguy View Post
2008+ silverado water pump if you want the output on passenger side
Interesting option!

I wonder how much lower the tube is than the pre-2007 truck WP? Again 240 might not care.

Also the WP is still threaded for a mechanical fan and IDK how much shorter that "snout" would be? + potential offset issues w/ Truck vs LS1 accessories.
Pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #37
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
My bad on the 2010+SS it is drivers side.

I am using the F Body WP and it seems thin enough for a 960 swap. BUT you are correct that the pulley snout seems 2-3" farther out than it needs to be compared with the crank pulley.

IIRC I may have had to stick with the LS1 WP due to the Truck based accessories even with the ICT Billet kit.
I have the 96 camaro water pump with outlet on passenger side front of pump. On a 240 you get 1/4" of space between the pulley snout and 960 fan when the engine is in the all the way back position with the sts mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow View Post
Interesting option!

I wonder how much lower the tube is than the pre-2007 truck WP? Again 240 might not care.

Also the WP is still threaded for a mechanical fan and IDK how much shorter that "snout" would be? + potential offset issues w/ Truck vs LS1 accessories.
All you need is a 3/4" spacer like I have and it sets in the right position for F body accessories.
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #38
55superbeetle
Board Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Modesto, Ca
Default

If you're going to buy the pump and accessor brackets anyway, buy the 05 corvette pump and get the matching balancer. It gives you so much more room for activities in the engine bay.

__________________
83 242, Turbo 6.0 LSX, E85, TH400, 8.8, 10.3@135
55superbeetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:32 PM   #39
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55superbeetle View Post
If you're going to buy the pump and accessor brackets anyway, buy the 05 corvette pump and get the matching balancer. It gives you so much more room for activities in the engine bay.

The one thing to look at is if you do choose to go all corvette accessories is that the ac compressor has a different bolt mounting pattern and the those compressors are a constant on variable pressure compressor compared to on/off cycle type.
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #40
M.H. Yount
Board Member
 
M.H. Yount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Default

Sanden 5 series with Alan Groves low mount for Corvette spacing works perfectly.
__________________
'82 242 6.2L; '17 Mazda3; '16 CrossTrek
M.H. Yount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:40 PM   #41
Texas240
Prius Owner
 
Texas240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H. Yount View Post
Sanden 5 series with Alan Groves low mount for Corvette spacing works perfectly.
and theres a solution
Texas240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:38 PM   #42
2turbotoys
Salaminizer
 
2turbotoys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reading pa
Default

nvrmind, have to think more about it

Last edited by 2turbotoys; 10-13-2018 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: I wuz wrong
2turbotoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:08 PM   #43
2fast242gt
Do you have a cobalt?
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: appleton WI
Default

Texas, use a truck pump and put the neck off the front I tapped in a morso neck
__________________
1983 242dl
*6.0 lq4 swaped* Build thread
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=282323
2fast242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.