• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

The New

Drift_Brick

So im still wating for some paper work, but id like to introduce my new volvo.

its a silver 1990 240 GLT cataliser. 2.3L Automatic. its has done 131,787 miles.:cool:
12032010147.jpg

12032010143.jpg

in this pic we have my new silver 240,and for spairs the old 2.3L blue 240 auto, two brownish 740 2.3L 5speed manuals, the green 740 2L 5speed manual and my dads v70 5cylender 20valve manual.

12032010152.jpg

wow look at all that space!

I have three weeks holliday from today so im planing my mods. crome suround de badged grill, i have been given the gas converstion form one of the 740s so i need to turn off the petrol injectors somehow.stainless 2" de cat exaust. manual convestion? how about k&n panle fillter? what you think? i will get some beter pics once the paper work is done.

I have three weeks holliday from today so im planing my mods. crome suround(black grill surround is cooler.) de badged grill(no, just no.), i have been given the gas propane? converstion form one of the 740s so i need to turn off the petrol injectors somehow(unplug).stainless 2" de cat exaust go at least 2.5. manual convestion?YesYesYes how about k&n panle fillterunder articles, modifications on top of main page? what you think? i will get some beter pics once the paper work is done.
also, while its up with the exhaust off, suspension bushings, motor mounts, and drive shaft carrier with OEM rubber or polyurethane as even a low mile car has ruined rubber after 20-30 years. Unscrew the little setscrew in your driveshaft u-joints and put in a zerk fitting to fill em up with grease again, replace any that are worn

AND FOR GODS SAKE GET A TURBO!!!!! cause its more fun than pezleys woosy n/a fetish.

Last edited:
hahaha I like you. also, I went to a UK drifting forum after seeing the URL on your 340...Had a great time looking. wish drifting over here was that bare bones.

2" is what i got laying around but my dad wants me to do one for his v70 so could use it for that. i also got this, dont know what it will do on an n/a motor but we shall see.
14032010159.jpg

any ideas for good paint? the last stuff (Hamerite) i used got chiped realy bad. looked good at first but with all the stonesit didn't last.:-(

Car looks nice. I would suggest taking apart that adjustable gear and aligning the dot on the outer pulley with the degree adjustment section if you can. That would make adjustment much easier and have a proper reference which you don't have now.

nice glt, new mounts and bushes would be good if youve got the time. makes no end of difrence and your clutch master wont get hit by the cam cover when you clutch kick it (if you intend to do that kind of thing) :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift_Brick
i have been given the gas converstion form one of the 740s so i need to turn off the petrol injectors somehow

I'm confused? Is this dual fuel or something?

petrol is to expensive.:grrr: plus with the LPG you can run higher compression so more power. if i get that far i will poly bush it. i was looking at making my own from nylon bar i read it was better but not sure.

Back