• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sander's 745 16V + Turbo project

I've been working on the brakes some more, made a bracket purely for measurement purposes and designed an adapter. It wont need machining so it'll be a lot cheaper to make. It can be laser cut or cut out with a flow jet. I'll post pics once I get one made. All in all it'll be a pretty cheap brake upgrade. Once it's done it'll have cost me about $250 to $300,- for everything.

20110903154441.jpg

20110903154726.jpg

The V70 caliper looks like a single piston caliper, so its not thick in front of the disk right?
Could you make a picture where I can see the caliper from above?

still looking for a nice brake setup for my 164, I like the looks of this!

The V70 caliper looks like a single piston caliper, so its not thick in front of the disk right?
Could you make a picture where I can see the caliper from above?

still looking for a nice brake setup for my 164, I like the looks of this!

They have a single very large piston, yes. I have a set of Polaris wheels laying around, I'll check clearances with them for you.

Probably, the disc itself is 13" in diameter. I'll have to check once it's all bolted together with different wheels to see if they fit. I only have a set of 16" wheels for a 960 to check, but they have fwd offset.

Are you willing to make a couple of those adapters in the future? Though I'm not sure I wanna switch to 17" wheels I'm sure some Dutch guys over here are interested in these brakes.

Are you willing to make a couple of those adapters in the future? Though I'm not sure I wanna switch to 17" wheels I'm sure some Dutch guys over here are interested in these brakes.
That's the plan. First I'll finish them on my car and check how they work compared to stock and see if everything goes as planned, but then I'll make more if there is enough interest.

So I guess 17" is the minimum required wheel size?

Yes it is, pretty common upgrade in Sweden.
Do take into account that an upgrade like this is pretty heavy wheight, which can affect the handling and feel of the car to some extent. There is also the option of the 302mm 850-s/v70 brakes.

I've hadn't had a lot of time to work on my car lately, but it's still progressing. The adapters to mount the V70 calipers with XC90 rotors are now being made, so next up are the brake lines. If everything works as it should I'll post a bit in the article section with the drawings and solidworks parts for the adapters, the brake line stuff and part numbers of everything so people here can do the same and have a brake upgrade on the cheap, tb style. All in all it would have cost me about $300,- for everything.

Got the finished adapters today. Next up, the brake lines and then I'll mount everything :)

img4259cu.jpg

img4260w.jpg

img4252p.jpg

img4254x.jpg

Back