• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mattis' poo brown 245 retro "build"

Mattis

This project won't be too long, so I decided that it didn't really need an thread under "projects and restoration" but if a mod disagrees feel free to move it. Work will start today or tomorrow, just figured I would have the thread ready

Plans are as follows: change entire wiring harness from front to back, newer dash, tan interior, newer steering column, locks, and rear axle from my 87 donor car.
Look wise: US turns, and american middle-years roof rack, slammage, whitewalls, and moondiscs on the 15" steelies (140 rims front, 940 in the rear) rocking 165 tires at the front and 185's in the back

Story:
For years I've been on the search for an poo brown wagon, I had an picture in my mind of some sort of retro looker, didn't have an exact plan, but during the years of search for a worthy wagon the plan fell slowly together bit by bit, and I started the hunt for parts + I had some moondiscs lying around after I gave up on my 142
( http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=164445) They cost me 300 bucks so I just HAVE to use them for something.

Then last summer I got a call from a buddy of mine, he had stumbled over an poo brown 245 in an barn, powered by the awesome powerhouse of an B19!!, it had been standing there for 9 years, was absolutely filthy, but pretty good in the body. I told the owner that I would take it of him and offered him 300 bucks for it, got the standard reply "I'll think about it, and let you know" back.
A week later my buddy calls again, he had been driving past that farm just as they were loading some other junk cars on a truck, and my 245 was next in line, so he stopped and bought it to save it from an certain death.

Next week my buddy's 245 turbo super exploded, and since the poo 245 was titled in his name, he got it fixed up, inspected, and registered. He used it for a couple of months while he was rebuilding his 245, and then sold it to me in the winter for 1000 bucks so he broke even.

The car, when I got it in the middle of the winter.
Brun.jpg

brun2.jpg

I don't like those headlights so I changed 'em for some smaller squares
DSCI0004-3.jpg

Sold the stock turn signals to towery and replaced them with US turns (thanks Billy780) redwood chair sorted me with mint amber reflectors for 'em (not mounted yet). Also shown 140 steelie
usablinkvenstre.jpg

An pic showing the offset of the 140 steelie.
innpress140felg.jpg

And with moondisc
prvemontering.jpg

I just had to have an beige TB sticker for it to match the interior, also nothing screams class like the brown/beige combo EDIT: bad pic, will get a better one
DSCI0003-4.jpg

Donor car, witch will donate: wiring harness, steering column, locks etc.
DSCI0001-3.jpg

Thats all I have for now, hopefully I'll have more updates today or tomorrow.

Mathias

Last edited:
Thats the exact same colour as my 245. :) Its a nightmare trying to match the paint where Ive fixed some small rust patches on the wheel arches though. Dealer wants 40 bucks for a small bottle of touch up paint, probably need more than one too :omg: Currently just covered it up with the closest match I could do with a rattle can, need to find something better.

Mysigt med bajsbrunt. :) Vad ?r det f?r skillnad p? rattst?ngen i donatorbilen och den som sitter i den bruna?

Mysigt med bajsbrunt. :) Vad ?r det f?r skillnad p? rattst?ngen i donatorbilen och den som sitter i den bruna?

Brown is THE ****! I guess a poo brown would match nice with my piss yellow :-P

I know, a buddy has one in that pale yellow color.. an almost equally awesome color

Thats the exact same colour as my 245. :) Its a nightmare trying to match the paint where Ive fixed some small rust patches on the wheel arches though. Dealer wants 40 bucks for a small bottle of touch up paint, probably need more than one too :omg: Currently just covered it up with the closest match I could do with a rattle can, need to find something better.

Yeah I've heard that its an horrible color to match, but I'm planning on giving it a new coat of brown in a couple of years or so, it's not as mint as I want it to be

Lengden, skal konverere til nye dashen n?r jeg bytter kabelmattan, da vil tenningsl?set st? for langt "inn" i dashen. i tillegg er det jo greit ? ha en n?kkel til hele bilen istedet for tre, har en ganske kul id? om hva jeg skal gj?re med n?kkelen:)

YAY!! Garage is full of water:rant:
So I've been having fun with that lately, not got much else done, luckily it wasn't so much that the brown car got "ruined"

Flooding dealt with ,so I took a couple of hours stripping the donor car, wieringharness is ready to come out now, have also been removing wires for all kinds of crap that has been wired into the car over the years..

Before I got the drain opened, was 3" of water in there
vann.jpg

Nothing exciting really, just a stripped down 245
donorbil3.jpg

donorbil4.jpg

I'll keep updating this

Strip down continues, but now on the brown one.managed to strip it down to this yesterday
dash.jpg

found some surface rust
drk.jpg

Only thing that is left to disconnect on the brown one, is the headlamps and tailgate wiring.

So tomorrow I should be able to start moving stuff from the white one. I'm just hoping that the firewall plate are the same between the two cars, would make it so much easier to just move it over from the white one to the brown one. Instead of stuffing all of it through that tiny hole that the enginebay harness go through.

Edit: Oh and my roof rack is payed and hopefully shipped. YESS!!

Last edited:
Was lazy, the parts car is outside, and it started to rain. So, only managed to do this today
dash2.jpg

ledningsnett.jpg

Anyone know what this doohickie does? It's wired to the coil
dings.jpg

Parts car done
donorbil5.jpg

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel
dash3.jpg

This (R-sport blow through carb) turbo kit will be going on the B19 when I change the engine in the DD, old timey as heck.. Carb + turbo
kommendemotor.jpg

Not much picture worthy going on, keep putting the wagon back together, moving ish from the white to the brown one, sound insulation, heater, the vents under the dash, etc etc etc. it will basically be an 87 model on the inside.

Going to pick up some saab 900 shocks for the front, and some saab 99 (I think it was) shocks for the rear tomorrow, so I can start with the slammage as soon that I'm done with the interior / wiring harness.

Bought some firestones today.. Fronts, 165/80-15 on a 4.5" ET45 140 steelie
fram.jpg

Rear, 195/70-15 van tires on 6" wide ET25 940 steelie
bak-1.jpg

comparison shots
breddefb.jpg

fvsb.jpg

Also gonna pick up some white paint and make 'em into whitewalls tomorrow.. Brand new tires, oh well.

Back