• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Lowering my amazon (balljoint flip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Insurance companies have a habbit of checking social media these days :lol:

They wont need to. If one side breaks all they have to do is look at the other side and determine the car was not roadworthy and safe. Whether or not the owner did the modification, it is the drivers responsibility to drive a safe vehicle. In this case since the owner has been told the dangers by several people including an engineer, if something happens it is 100% negligence, not just an accident due to parts failure.

What this comes down to is being cheap. Both with time and dollars. It cost me 50 bucks at a muffler shop to do the welds on a boxed set of control arms. I got some steel plate, cut it with the death wheel on the grinder to shape, beveled the weld edges and removed coatings from part. All the shop had to do was squirt some weld. If you can show you attempted to make the part better and stronger it is not negligence. It may be stupid but not negligent.
It is negligence that adds zeros to lawsuits.

OP has said he will be adding some extra bracing in to ensure the ball joint will not break free in the event of a fastener failure.

Keeping the thread open is a good idea for further discussion on how to best perform this type of mod in a safe way.

An aspect that has not been discussed is how moving the ball joint up in this way effect suspension geometry performance.

Because you already know everything, and every one that agrees with you is a genius, and everyone that disagrees is an idiot?

Because my original question has been answered. And now is going off topic. But way to be an ******* about it.

They wont need to. If one side breaks all they have to do is look at the other side and determine the car was not roadworthy and safe. Whether or not the owner did the modification, it is the drivers responsibility to drive a safe vehicle. In this case since the owner has been told the dangers by several people including an engineer, if something happens it is 100% negligence, not just an accident due to parts failure.

What this comes down to is being cheap. Both with time and dollars. It cost me 50 bucks at a muffler shop to do the welds on a boxed set of control arms. I got some steel plate, cut it with the death wheel on the grinder to shape, beveled the weld edges and removed coatings from part. All the shop had to do was squirt some weld. If you can show you attempted to make the part better and stronger it is not negligence. It may be stupid but not negligent.
It is negligence that adds zeros to lawsuits.

Like I stated already. Reinforcement plates, and welding to prevent any failure will be taken place. you're making it into a dick swinging contest on who is right who is wrong. Everyone has their opinion, and I value it.. but it is how you do it which becomes agitating.
I stated I got my answer, if I move forth with the modification, I will be taking precautions in doing so.

You don't know what I do for work, you don't know who I am, and so on. You are sitting behind a computer just wanting to speak your mind, I get it.

So that being said, reinforcement, and welding will be taken place to ensure if there is a failure, nothing will cause an accident. This is no different then someone doing a brake job in their driveway, they can do it wrong and kill someone at an intersection.. there is a lot worse home repairs that go on out there, but you make what I will be doing is so deadly.

And you can throw in your **** analogies, all you want.
Simply if you don't have anything contributing to the OP, then why speak. Just to be heard.? I value input, but when you become a dick, and start to assume, it has no right to be written.
Thanks to everyone for their concern.
Like I stated, do the mod at your own risk.

Now I cant wait to see the responses.. let's make this a 20 page of nothing but bull****.

Like I stated already. Reinforcement plates, and welding to prevent any failure will be taken place. you're making it into a dick swinging contest on who is right who is wrong. Everyone has their opinion, and I value it.. but it is how you do it which becomes agitating.
I stated I got my answer, if I move forth with the modification, I will be taking precautions in doing so.

You don't know what I do for work, you don't know who I am, and so on. You are sitting behind a computer just wanting to speak your mind, I get it.

So that being said, reinforcement, and welding will be taken place to ensure if there is a failure, nothing will cause an accident. This is no different then someone doing a brake job in their driveway, they can do it wrong and kill someone at an intersection.. there is a lot worse home repairs that go on out there, but you make what I will be doing is so deadly.

Simply if you don't have anything contributing to the OP, then why speak. Just to be heard.? I value input, but when you become a dick, and start to assume, it has no right to be written.

Now I cant wait to see the responses.. let's make this a 20 page of nothing but bull****.

What do you do for work, and who are you?

volvo-amazon-keith-ross-video-title.jpg

His response wasn't an answer my my question. It was a suggestion. So listen keyboard hero, mind your ****, as you have nothing good to say.

I actually do have something good to say here.
Fram oil filters are not recommended for fresh built bseries pushrod redblocks, but you already knew that. You know it all.

From your homepage:
image.php

So I installed classicswedes 100mm suspension.
And I heard of you move the lower ball joint to the upper part of control arm it will help lower it more.
So my question.
So I simply just unbolt, move to upper part of control arm.
Thanks

Ok..you clearly have no knowledge with this subject so please refrain from making such a useless post..
It has been done many times, this is why I am asking.
Your post wasn't helpful, so thanks for coming out budd..

So from my understanding... you're just relocating the ball joint from the bottom of the control arm to the top, correct?

If you flip the ball joints, take the time to repair and reinforce the control arms. These were in single shear to begin with so there’s that. Personally I would be looking to move them to the top by adding piece that puts the bolts in double shear and welding it to the control arm. My thoughts would be to weld U channel to the top of the mounting spaces, then tie the u channels together with a plate, also a good idea to add some thickness to the underside.

Yeah man. I was going to re enforce the control arm. Welding them together essentially..so of bolts sheared, the welds would hold it together as a safety backup.
Thanks for input.

After several posts, and warnings you say you are going to weld the ball joint to the control arm? Thats not a hack job at all....

I stated I got my answer, if I move forth with the modification, I will be taking precautions in doing so. Perfect

You don't know what I do for work, you don't know who I am, and so on. You are sitting behind a computer just wanting to speak your mind, I get it. I dont care either

The post you quoted here was a response to a post by another user, who is not you.

Future readers should know both the benefits and risks of this mod. Lawsuits are very much a risk in todays age.

How do you know of these failures without pictures.. or proof? Again, without proof, I call alot of these posts just to up your post counter..

I take everyone's posts into consideration, I see the posts have now went off track of my original post.

To anyone wanting to do this modification, just beware the risks, etc.
Make sure there is enforcement, and other safety measures.

I will be doing this, and hey, If it fails, I will be the first person ever to post pics, since no one can show me evidence of failures.
Thanks
Pretty sure the post above is where the dickery started, and where I suggested not insulting those who give advice on here, they may be valuable in the future. Nobody cares about post counters on here.
This is a public forum. You asked a question and got answers and discussion. What is the problem?

:e-shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back