• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

MikeJr. 65 122s project

I've heard great things. There's a mini truck that's been trying out the autox scene with that ridetech setup and he says it handles as well as his Miata.

So I finally got the DCOEs installed.

166184285.jpg

166184283.jpg

166184281.jpg

I also decided to wrap my header
166184286.jpg

I ended up going with the Holley low pressure fuel pressure regulator hiperfauto suggested. It's small, cheap, and readily available. I took a block off plate for the stock fuel pump location and welded the bracket that came with the FPR to it. I thought it would be a good place for it.
166171754.jpg

166171767.jpg

166171755.jpg

166171748.jpg

166171746.jpg

166171753.jpg

166171744.jpg

I had bought a new fuel tank a while back and decided to install that too
166171758.jpg

166171750.jpg

166184277.jpg

166184275.jpg

Also decided to use the Facet low pressure fuel pump. I made a little bracket to mount it under the car, close to the gas tank. I bought a fuel pump relay kit to simplify the wiring.
166184278.jpg

166184272.jpg

166184274.jpg

166184276.jpg

166184279.jpg

I still need to finish up the fuel pump wiring, and the fuel lines to the pump and tank.

It runs!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Qwu-Pt7t5HE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
So I got everything plumbed and wired up, but I decided to move the fuel pump from the original location. After pondering over the location I started to worry about the suspension impacting the pump. It seemed pretty close, and if it ever bottomed out I was worried it would hit. There seemed like a lot of room right in front of the tank to mount it, so I moved it. I'm much happier with this location.
166202079.jpg

166203682.jpg

It runs now, and there are zero leaks from any of the lines or fitting. I've got all the idle settings set, carbs are synced, and the Colortune shows a nice blue combustion in each cylinder. As I perfect my Weber carb stills I hope to get it tuned even better, but so far so good.

Love that induction noise out of the carbs. The PV has a loud exhaust, but under 3000 rpm or so more noise comes from the carbs than the tailpipe.

Love that induction noise out of the carbs. The PV has a loud exhaust, but under 3000 rpm or so more noise comes from the carbs than the tailpipe.

I know right

I was so surprised how loud the carbs were while I was tuning them. The videos do not do it justice.

My cam has a fair amount of reversion, so it might be noiser. If you blip the throttle hard, you can see the inner fender get faintly wet with gas.

It's probably a bit tricky to tune around some of the air going through the carb twice and getting gassed both times...

Tuning off idle gets a lot harder - there are no adjustments. Only parts swaps, in little pricey sets of 4.

I like where you are going with this project. Good move on the new position of teh fuel pump.

The only slight issue I have is the poly steering coupling. In most cases I'm a fan of poly but it is not a good material for the steering coupling as once it starts to tear it will rip all the way through, its not progressive like rubber in that aspect. The rubber also have fiber to strengthen it.

Out of interest what did you do with the 142?

The only slight issue I have is the poly steering coupling. In most cases I'm a fan of poly but it is not a good material for the steering coupling as once it starts to tear it will rip all the way through, its not progressive like rubber in that aspect. The rubber also have fiber to strengthen it.

I'll look into that. It was on it when I bought the car.

Out of interest what did you do with the 142?

I sold it to someone on the board.

So with this new M41 I decided to re-wire the overdrive using a 240 relay and a momentary switch. I used this wiring diagram from the Swedish embassy website http://sw-em.com/OD_Retrofitting.htm#OD_Solenoid_Notes
166223450.jpg

So now whenever you take it out of 4th in OD, it takes it out of OD without having to press the switch just like a 240. Also I replaced the Lucas on/off switch with a momentary button.
166223412.jpg

166223459.jpg

I hid the relay under the dash a re-routed the harness
166223530.jpg

166223408.jpg

It all works perfectly

Last edited:
I bought some cheap EMPI air filters for now. Later I'd like to built a plenum with a fresh air supply.
166223460.jpg

Got the idle dialed in and WOT is amazing. Mid throttle is ok, and part throttle starts to sputter.
I'll need to play around with them some more, maybe buy a jet kit. I think the 45s might be to much for the b18. May have to get the b20 in there sooner, rather than later.

Last edited:
Drive by video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6huLkZCup0w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Solid work dude, it looks great. I agree on getting that B20 in there. Will it be stock or will you have any kind of special cam, work, etc... ?

Easiest thing to do would be to jet down for now. It's not hard on these carbs.

Back