• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My first restoration, a 242GT

Looks like OP is Swiss, so that would make sense. From what I can tell, it's very similar to a TUV certification process for modifications, and an engineer there has to approve them.

Last edited:
Looks like OP is Swiss, so that would make sense. From what I can tell, it's very similar to a TUV certification process for modifications, and an engineer there has to approve them.
Yes, similar to the T?V, exept even harder to pass with tuning. For every part you have that isnt original you need a certification of usage. That means, that just for the EFI alone I?m looking at 7k inspection and testing costs (its not sure if you?ll pass those tests), then there is the head of course. So lets say about 15k just inspection costs (for one time, you?ll pay again if you have to go a second time). I want to flee from this country as fast a possible, it really sucks beeing a car enthusiast.

-Volvo0815

Yes, similar to the T?V, exept even harder to pass with tuning. For every part you have that isnt original you need a certification of usage. That means, that just for the EFI alone I?m looking at 7k inspection and testing costs (its not sure if you?ll pass those tests), then there is the head of course. So lets say about 15k just inspection costs (for one time, you?ll pay again if you have to go a second time). I want to flee from this country as fast a possible, it really sucks beeing a car enthusiast.

-Volvo0815

The Swiss do hate cars. That is an insane amount of money.

Back