• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Getting my first Turbo car!

Boost

Hey everyone.

I'm getting an almost finished 244TiC from a friend and board member, diponyou, tomorrow. It's well put-together, and has almost all the parts I need to get her running. The bad thing is, I've never owned a modified turbo car. My old 745tic was stock under the hood. I've never messed with a car with this sort of mod list. I'm not new to these engines, but I worked on an N/A one a bit and learned a lot. Turbos are new to me and I was hoping you all could offer some sound advice. I asked my friends on facebook and they pretty much told me basically what I would need, but maybe you guys will have some other words of advice for a new-comer.

Here's the build thread- http://www.turbobricks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264885

I need to do a complete lh2.4 harness as he's taking MS out of the car. It's got some other parts I've never heard of using from other manufacturers-

lh2.4 flexplate
bmw crank sensor
hyundai coils
miata igniter

Those are just listed on the build thread. How do I incorporate those with a normal 2.4 harness? Do I take them out? What's the upside of using those parts? I'm sorry I sound so dumb, but I'm just trying to make as much sense of this as I can. I want to learn!!

Also, if I put a normal lh2.4 harness in, with all the parts it needs to run, but with all the added modifications like the turbo etc, will it even run? Will the ecu try to learn? Also, is it ever going to pass emissions here in AZ? I have a feeling it will pass, but only with a tune?

If you take the time to read through my thread, and try to help, I will be most appreciative. I just want to have some more basic knowledge before taking on this project. I have the help of some good friends in the valley if I get stuck, but I really want to get this moving by myself if possible.

Thank you for your time.

The ironically named,

Boost (Mike)

i own a N/A and every time i make a thread i get "buy a turbo" but when a new guy HAS a turbo seems like they have nothing to say lol.

It's basically MS ready. Why would you not just continue where PO left off? Did it run before he removed MS?

If your wanting to run LH 2.4 then you will need the crank sensor, tps, coil, distributor, ignition module, and all the other sensors off a stock car. Or you could buy MS and hook up the bits that are fitted to the car. But MS isn't plug and play like LH 2.4.

It's your call really and how comfident you are fiddling with this stuff.

Back