• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Can you fit OEM C70 wheel to a 740??

JustCruzin

Made in the UK Brick...
Firstly greetings to all from the UK. I'm the newbie on the block so hope you don't mind answering a question that may have been flogged to death and please appreciate that I'm a total novice.

Anyway, a close friend just gave his volvo C70 17x17.5 OEM alloy wheels to me:) I have a 1988 740GL (B200E) which I love to bits. My question is can I safely get a set of 17x7.5" rims onto my baby? These C70 wheels have a 43mm offset so I figure a spacers will be required. Will these wheels fit safely? Any advice on spacer size would be a real help and If anyone can give me some advice on a good tyre size.

Cheers

JC:cool:

Hey Thanks guys:)

Great info. Just a few thoughts- spacers of this size won't result in rubbing or wheels jutting out from the car body will they (apparantly highly illegal in the UK)? Sorry for being so paranoid but these spacers don't come cheap but the ones on JP styling (thanks for the link) look to be of very high quality.

Will 215/40 R17 tyre be ok?

Cheers

Yes that would be fine....I think the largest size tire without any rubbing problems would be 225/40 17...so the 215's would be a ok!!!

what rims are they? are they canistos:
MY2VOLVOS008.jpg

they shouldnt stick out at all or if they do it will be minimal. nothing that would stop you from passing MOT IIRC. id ask a fellow ukbricker like griz or james...i forgot his sign in... well anyway the ukbrickers are awesomly nice and really cool. one of them needs to post here with an answer!

i was going to do this....:grrr:

oh well i still will...eventually...:-D

spacers and the right tire...everything will work out fine!

ciao

Hey guys, thanks a million for all this info. I'm a lot calmer now!! I guess I'll have to decide between a 215 vs 225 tyre width. Guess I'll go for the cheaper option:-D

In reply to Stephen- firstly, what a cracking 740GLE!! That is one awsome looking car mate. The C70 wheels I got look exactly the same as your ones (canistos...is that the design?) except mine need a really good clean up and of course fitting onto my car which I pray will happen soon. Hoping to do it myself once I get the spacers.

Cheers people!

Oops, before I forget, has anyone ordered from JP Styling? Are they good/reliable??

Cheers!

urs probally stick out one side cause lack of adjustable panhard rod.

mine is 35mm offset wheels with 20mm spacers, 18x7.5 and I have 10mm space from outer fender to the lip of the wheels.

somtimes they get out of wack stock.

blown bushings, lots of things, I've seen some stock 740s driving doggie-style (some dogs run slightly sideways). your best bet is measure and measure and measure. I spent a good day centering the rear axle.

:???: Whoaaa!! Hang on a sec here! I'm getting all worried here as I ordered the spacers from JP styling last night (great service I might add!).

So, if the wheels do stick out I'm in big trouble in the UK. Police will not be happy at all. Well, anyway, thanks again to you all for the info. I'll let you know how I get on. Wish me luck.

Cheers

Back