• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Changed coolant hoses. Oil pressure light stays on. 1983 245 turbo.

mr brick driver

The two wires seem to be connected to the sensor. The oil pressure gauge is pegged. Any ideas here. It was always fine. Until I dropped a wrench on the sensor and it sparked.

Sounds like some welding occured between the alternator and the oil pressure sender contacts... Wonder if the cluster got fried as well... Even though the key may've been off, there's a chance that the OP warning light wire received 12 volts...

How is the condition of the wiring harness? The oil pressure light wiring can short to the other wires in the circuit and you can have the oil light on all the time. The large red wire is hot all the time without a fuse. The other instance is that the wires are shorted to ground which would peg the gauge and turn the light on all the time with key on.

^A dead short to ground will cause the oil pressure gauge to read zero bar... Unlike the oil temperature gauge and ambient temp gauge, shorting the sender wire to ground won't cause it to peg. No ground will cause the gauge to peg. It's backward.

I may have had the wires backwards. I switched them. The oil pressure light is normal. The gauge is still pegged at 5 bar.

Back